which gig do you most wish you'd seen....

Started by ali, Aug 22, 2006, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

but didn't / couldn't get to?

jeff buckley - one & only australian tour (feb - march 1996)
my brother came over to melbourne to see jeff & page/plant for his 21st birthday, but i was only 18 & just started grade 12 ..... bugger.

love a song for the way it makes you feel

primushead

Good thread, Ali.

I backed out on going to see Sublime with my sis back in '95 or '96...mainly because I didn't know who they were and I had school the next day.

I'm kicking myself right now for not going :-/

marktwain

I missed the Jacket's Planetarium show b/c I was out of town.

& when I was in 6th grade, my mom wouldn't let me go see Guns 'n' f'n Roses with Skid Row.

sweatboard

MMJ - Bonnaroo 04 for starters and of course their Planetarium show but I had no idea who they were then but if I had a time machine I would definatly be hitting that one up.

Also, I want to cry because I'm going to have to miss SHELAC this Saturday. :'(
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

Any MMJ show (Bonnaroo 04, 06, The Filmore shows etc)
I had tickets for Pink Floyd but couldn't make the show on the day...can't remember why.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

fitzcarraldo

Mozart circa 1786
Beethoven circa 1814
The Marx Brothers circa 1930's
Miles Davis circa 1959
Allman Brothers circa 1972
Led Zep circa 1976
Michael Brook circa 1992
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan circa 1992

evilPaauwe

floyds meddle tour.......... dc talk.......... coldplay pre-x&y...........smashing pumpkins......... zeppelin at madison sqaure garden 77'.......
cheers.

ManNamedTruth

I wish I could've seen Bob Marley. I have seen The Wailers atleast a couple years ago. The Bealtes last concert on the rooftop would've been sweet.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

whothrewthecake

ali

QuoteMozart circa 1786
Beethoven circa 1814
Led Zep circa 1976  
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan circa 1992

good list!! particularly the zep & nusrat....

ycartrob

I would love to have seen these bands in their underground prime, right before they blew up (I mean, at their small club peak):

Husker Du
The Pixies
The Replacements
X
The Clash
Pavement
Nirvana
Dinosaur Jr
Galaxie 500

Dee.

This one time I was in Chicago the same day as a Nick Cave show and I didn't know it. You know how I found out? I was browsing through the Nick Cave cds at a record store when a fan came up to me to ask if I was going. I just played it off like I knew Nick was in town but didn't have time, lol. What a loser.

And still, I've never seen him in concert. That hurts me in my heart.  ;)

aMD

the mmj show I can't believe i missed was the derby eve show 2001.  i went to see bob dylan that weekend instead and didn't end up getting tickets. others include:
bob dylan (back in the day, 61-66 or either rolling thunder revue tour)
daniel johnston (anytime)
the last waltz
grams parsons and fallen angel with emmylou
Al Green (at his church)
and many, many more

BH

I am with true.  My biggest wish, time travel wise, is Bob Marley.

I saw Soundgarden at Lolla and opening for Skid Row, but never as a true headlining act.

Pauuwe mentioned Pink Floye Meddle.  Very Nice.  I will never forget the Pulse tour but I would give big bucks for an early psychadelic freakout.

I could go on and on, but I remember getting shut down at Blind Melon at a club with only 3 people in front of me in line.  SOLD FUCKING OUT!  Denied.  See ya next time.  The worst part was half our group got in and the rest of us just had to finish off the j before we got in line.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

QuoteI would love to have seen these bands in their underground prime, right before they blew up (I mean, at their small club peak):

Nirvana

I saw Nirvana open for Mudhoney with Tad at the Astoria in London (where I'm seeing the Jacket next month) before Nevermind came out. Great show, they were never that good again.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

If we're time travelling then the list is endless:
Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison - I would have killed to have seen that show  ;)
Jimi Hendrix (opening for the Monkees would have been great)
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Black Sabbath (before they got 'snowblind')
Townes Van Zandt
Steve Young
Willie Nelson. Willie played my hometown of Reading in the UK just after I left for Japan. No one comes to Reading because it's so close to London (30mins by train). I can't believe Willie Nelson came to my hometown & I missed it  :'(

ali

QuoteThis one time I was in Chicago the same day as a Nick Cave show and I didn't know it. You know how I found out? I was browsing through the Nick Cave cds at a record store when a fan came up to me to ask if I was going. I just played it off like I knew Nick was in town but didn't have time, lol. What a loser.

And still, I've never seen him in concert. That hurts me in my heart.  

i feel for you deanna - i've only seen nick & the bad seeds once, about 4 years ago (still with blixa in the lineup) and it was GREAT. if you ever get the opportunity, jump at it!! its just a pity that blixa's moved on to greener pastures, as i've never seen a man scream like him... eery. nick is the man though  8)

dragonboy

Elvis from his early days at the Hayride right through to his last shows in Vegas...

Chills

Elvis - Comeback special
Bruce Springsteen - Roxy, LA 1978
Neil Young - Bottom LIne NY 1974

dragonboy

QuoteElvis - Comeback special
Great choice Chills, imagine being there for that!