"Two Tone" Tommy Blankenship...

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Jul 06, 2008, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Mr. Tom,
  you are pretty much my morning jacket to the very central most of core.  without meaning disrespect to the other members of the band.  "Two Tone" Tommy and Jim James are the reason we as fans are lucky enough to enjoy them today.   He didn't quit, jim and tommy stuck it out the whole way.  fucking awesome and a ridiculous amount of respect for it.  My Morning Jacket wouldn't be My Morning Jacket without your presence.  and that video of you poppin out from under the car smilin still makes me crack up a little sometimes haha.  thanks for twerkin it hard as hell and continually morphing your wonderful tones as the band continues.  So now, you guys are playing MSG.  you fuckers did it.  everything else is all you mother fuckers.  TEAR THAT SHIT APART.  MAKE PEOPLE BEG FOR IT.  you deserve it Tom you thump deep, real deep.

sincerely,
a dude who loves music

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteOH SHIT RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

run, run directly into my armszies

D. Sinclair

Comedy gold, BM, although thumping deep sounds possibly kind of disgusting.  But I'm sure it's totally innocent.  Like Corn Holing?  Holeing?  Corn Hole?  You know, that white trash bean bag game?  If it's not white trash and I've just offended all Corn Hole people, I am sorry.

You would think I'm drunk, but Fran abstains.

Corn HOle.  :o

D. Sinclair

Also, this is for "Two Tone" Tommy Blankenship if he ever reads this...

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IdQxseZJLdk[/media]

megalicious

QuoteComedy gold, BM, although thumping deep sounds possibly kind of disgusting.  But I'm sure it's totally innocent.  Like Corn Holing?  Holeing?  Corn Hole?  You know, that white trash bean bag game?  If it's not white trash and I've just offended all Corn Hole people, I am sorry.

You would think I'm drunk, but Fran abstains.

Corn HOle.  :o

cornholio?

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

corey

Tom's a helluva fella. He's good people, that Tom.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

his funkin thump bumped it back to the top again.  damn just talking about Tom and Patrick causes this board to do fucked up things.  their beats just are infinitely sweet.

DaFunkyPrecedent

you know when that bass line hits in Highly Sus.  Tom makes that sound with his hands!
God damn those shaky knees.

masterplanjohn

Its white trash when you call it corn hole, its not white trash when you call the same thing simply 'bags.' If you've never played it, its actually a damn fun summer drinking game.

And also, I too am damn proud of the boys for rockin a MSG NYE show. Greatest band of the present and possibly (indeed hopefully) far into the future.

Sherpa

Before my first MMJ show I was walking around the venue. And in the back was TTT smoking. I only knew MMJ by their music, i only say a couple pics. I approached him and asked if he was the drummer. He kindly replied No and said he played bass. I apologized and said i loved your music but hadnt yet become familiarized with the members. he was very forgiving and said we really appreciate that you enjoy our music and shook my hand. That was the moment I fell in love with Tom.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 06, 2008, 06:30 PM

Mr. Tom,
   you are pretty much my morning jacket to the very central most of core.  without meaning disrespect to the other members of the band.  "Two Tone" Tommy and Jim James are the reason we as fans are lucky enough to enjoy them today.   He didn't quit, jim and tommy stuck it out the whole way.  fucking awesome and a ridiculous amount of respect for it.  My Morning Jacket wouldn't be My Morning Jacket without your presence.  and that video of you poppin out from under the car smilin still makes me crack up a little sometimes haha.  thanks for twerkin it hard as hell and continually morphing your wonderful tones as the band continues.  So now, you guys are playing MSG.  you fuckers did it.  everything else is all you mother fuckers.  TEAR THAT SHIT APART.  MAKE PEOPLE BEG FOR IT.  you deserve it Tom you thump deep, real deep.

sincerely,
a dude who loves music
Reviving a classic post.   :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 06, 2008, 06:30 PM

Mr. Tom,
   you are pretty much my morning jacket to the very central most of core.  without meaning disrespect to the other members of the band.  "Two Tone" Tommy and Jim James are the reason we as fans are lucky enough to enjoy them today.   He didn't quit, jim and tommy stuck it out the whole way.  fucking awesome and a ridiculous amount of respect for it.  My Morning Jacket wouldn't be My Morning Jacket without your presence.  and that video of you poppin out from under the car smilin still makes me crack up a little sometimes haha.  thanks for twerkin it hard as hell and continually morphing your wonderful tones as the band continues.  So now, you guys are playing MSG.  you fuckers did it.  everything else is all you mother fuckers.  TEAR THAT SHIT APART.  MAKE PEOPLE BEG FOR IT.  you deserve it Tom you thump deep, real deep.

sincerely,
a dude who loves music
Reviving a classic post.   :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

My Monkey Friend

Tom is a badass. He cuts loose on Circuital. you can hear more of his mastery on the whole album.

BH

My heart it beats BECAUSE of you Tom.    Sometimes at a rate it shouldn't be.

My Morning Jacket It Beats For You Okonokos DVD -- 02 --
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

the Ace of Bass...

still miss the long hair a bit...

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

scosby2

mjk73

Yes, yes he is. I will forever be indebted to him for the bad ass hook up of back stages passes for me and the boy.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Apr 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
My heart it beats BECAUSE of you Tom.    Sometimes at a rate it shouldn't be.

Beautifully put! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket