2-28-07 Was An Excellent Day!

Started by sleezy_morning_reb, Mar 01, 2007, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleezy_morning_reb

It all began with my best buddy Cory and I, getting off work.  We decided to go pawn shopping (I always have been a firm believer that one man's trash is anothers treasure.) Anyway, we hit up this little Mom & Pop electronics store, on the notion that the owner (I will refer to him as Pop), had an old electric piano for sale.  The piano was there alright, but the stack of old vinyl buried under T.V. parts is what drew my attention.  As I was digging through, I discovered an original pressing of The Band's "Northern Lights- Southern Cross" album!  I was floored!  I snatched it up, and asked Pop to name his price.  Pop being an apparent music lover said, "Thats one I like, so I gotta charge ya $5." Naturally, I placed five bucks in his hand before he finished the next sentence.  After I had made my purchase, Cory and I stood around and shot the breeze with Pop.  I was glancing around, and out of the corner of my eye, on top of a stack of CD's in front of the register what did I see? A freakin' DVD sampler featuring Jim & The Gang's video for One Big Holiday!!!!!  I couldn't believe it! I made a mad grab for it, before Cory seen it, (Cory is the guy who got me addicted to MMJ, so I've always maintained that his love is equal to mine).  Of course, I took the time to wave it in his face before I asked Pop how much it was.  When I asked Pop to name his price, I guess he seen the light in my eyes, because he said I could just have it for free!  I still can't get over the fact that I found this DVD sampler in a town thats population 8,000!  I'm so high on life right now!  
I'm ready for it now!

BH

Go out and buy a lotto ticket immediately!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.