40 & older thread

Started by Taterbug, Feb 26, 2007, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

March 1st I turn 40  :'(.
As a birthday gift I'm getting myself a prostate exam. ( my arms are to short to check it myself ). yes, I did try. :D
I'm already getting those little aches and pains, I hurt my back flushing the toilet the other day.  I can't read the time on my dvd player anymore ( it still flashes 12:00 ).
My hearing is getting very selective, I can accidentally  step on my ball sack it hangs so low, I hate gravity. The hair in my nose and ears can be braided, and they are gray.
I know age is just a number but  40 is fucking hard for me.  
The average age for a male in my family is 56,  social security loves us.
Its my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TEO

March 3 I turn 49.  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SMc55

There are quite a few of us here - you're in good company. I know what you mean about the eyesight thing - that's the worst for me  [smiley=shocked.gif]

Jaimoe

In March I'll be the same eternal age as Jack Benny: 39. My wife is 29 and I'm in, physically, the best shape of my life. Age is more or less just a number until you hit some real age, like in your late 50's or early 60's... or if you start thinking it's all downhill from 40 on. Here's to 40, although I'm in no hurry to celebrate that big day just yet.  

ycartrob

I'm 43.

as I get older, I care less and less what people think about me. I also don't care what I look like. I mean, I bathe and look presentable, but for the first time in my life I am totally comfortable with dressing up in costumes, dying my hair, wearing my home made loin cloth around the house to do dishes...I have also gone back to shorter hair b/c it's less time consuming.

I can listen to Black Sabbath turned up to 11 in my Subaru Wagon and could give a zippitty doo dah.

I find myself sitting at red lights and watching all the cars and people inside, and thinking, "Man, I don't know any of these people and I am sure that their lives are as important to them as mine is to me".

I have a hawk friend who I see from time to time.

I have the same sex drive.

I am envious of my dogs, who have it figured out.

I burn sage.

I meditate.

I rock on the front row.

I'm getting the new Kings of Leon CD this week.

I made my 12 year old nephew 3 CD's of classic rock. I told who that he now had a huge responsibilty in his life to carry on the music; that not knowing wouldn't cut it anymore.

I like pro sports less and less and can't remember the time I sat and watched a MLB game from opening pitch to final out.

I love March Maddness.

I dam up my creek on occasion and collect rocks.

Bar-B-Q rules my soul!

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm 43.

as I get older, I care less and less what people think about me. I also don't care what I look like. I mean, I bathe and look presentable, but for the first time in my life I am totally comfortable with dressing up in costumes, dying my hair, wearing my home made loin cloth around the house to do dishes...I have also gone back to shorter hair b/c it's less time consuming.

I can listen to Black Sabbath turned up to 11 in my Subaru Wagon and could give a zippitty doo dah.

I find myself sitting at red lights and watching all the cars and people inside, and thinking, "Man, I don't know any of these people and I am sure that their lives are as important to them as mine is to me".

I burn sage.

I meditate.

I rock on the front row.

I made my 12 year old nephew 3 CD's of classic rock. I told who that he now had a huge responsibilty in his life to carry on the music; that not knowing wouldn't cut it anymore.

I like pro sports less and less and can't remember the time I sat and watched a MLB game from opening pitch to final out.

I love March Maddness.

Bar-B-Q rules my soul!

That is f'n awesome. And Yes BBQ should RULE EVERYONES soul.

aMD

That's scary, on many levels!

ratsprayer

i thought i was picking up a vibe after the bogart's show.  awww......regrets.

:-/

Taterbug

The older I get the faster time goes by. I have been caught up in the rat race of a career.  I need to learn to appreciate the things I have and stop focusing on missed opportunities and past mistakes and just except life as it is and focus on the future.
Stop and smell the roses so to speak.  My life is dedicated to my 10 year old daughter
& wife. I do need insanity breaks once in awhile, I will jump on my motorcycle or go fishin.  That has been essential to maintain a healthy relationship, and thats why I've been married for 20 years. I  just wish she shared the same love I have for the Jacket. If we get divorced that may be a contributer. Maybe I'll trade her in for one that has skin that still fits.  Nah, I couldn't do that.
Now that I will be 40 I need to take better care of myself and start working out more and stop feeling like a polished turd. It would be selfish not to, I owe that to my family.  I'm not in terrible shape 5'11" 185,  with a little gristle.  
My mother told me life begins at 40. I believe her. It's like a fine wine that gets better with age.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Taterbug

wearing my home made loin cloth around the house to do dishes.

I burn sage.

I meditate.

I rock on the front row.

I love March Maddness.

Bar-B-Q rules my soul!

Thats awseome, you seem to have it figured out to me .  Are you envious of your dogs because they can lick there own balls, I am.
You gotta post a picture of yourself bar-B-Q'in in your loin cloth.  
I like your style.   :)

SMc55

QuoteThe older I get the faster time goes by. I have been caught up in the rat race of a career.  I need to learn to appreciate the things I have and stop focusing on missed opportunities and past mistakes and just except life as it is and focus on the future.
Stop and smell the roses so to speak.  My life is dedicated to my 10 year old daughter
& wife. I do need insanity breaks once in awhile, I will jump on my motorcycle or go fishin.  That has been essential to maintain a healthy relationship, and thats why I've been married for 20 years. I  just wish she shared the same love I have for the Jacket. If we get divorced that may be a contributer. Maybe I'll trade her in for one that has skin that still fits.  Nah, I couldn't do that.
Now that I will be 40 I need to take better care of myself and start working out more and stop feeling like a polished turd. It would be selfish not to, I owe that to my family.  I'm not in terrible shape 5'11" 185,  with a little gristle.  
My mother told me life begins at 40. I believe her. It's like a fine wine that gets better with age.
I have a lot more fun now than I did when I was younger. Having a partner who makes me feel my skin fits just fine helps a lot  ;)

Taterbug

I love my spouse very much. She deserves a medal. Her skin still fits just fine, But it's the hail damage on her ass that bothers her.

Mr. T.

We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

EAZYE

Tracy, I've never even met you yet I hope I have your attitude in 15 to 20 years.  You're my hero! ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Hawkeye

QuoteI'm not in terrible shape 5'11" 185,  with a little gristle.  

Ditto, we're like the same exact size...and I'm only 23...I'd say you're in damn fine shape for your age, but I know what you mean about being able to lose a little of the gristle...most days I feel like I'm 50, does that count?
We could.

TEO

6'0", 220  with ALOT of gristle.  ;)      
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Taterbug

QuoteI'm not in terrible shape 5'11" 185,  with a little gristle.  

Ditto, we're like the same exact size...and I'm only 23...I'd say you're in damn fine shape for your age, but I know what you mean about being able to lose a little of the gristle...most days I feel like I'm 50, does that count?

Thank you,  we maybe the same size but i'm sure your better lookin.   I look like my face caught on fire and somebody put it out with a golf shoe. :)

Easy Morning Rebel

Happy belated birthday, Taterbug!
Age is just number, don't you know that? ;)
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Taterbug

QuoteHappy belated birthday, Taterbug!
Age is just number, don't you know that? ;)

:)  Thank you very much.   TGIF , I'm  gonna party like a rock star, I think my buddies should buy me cocktails all weekend.