Autograph Question

Started by 40223, Mar 23, 2004, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone know why Jim signs #34 with his autograph?  Does it go back to his playing days at St. X?

dwight

Sounds like he's being typical wisenheimer.
The man has a good sense of humor.

bigger_rooty

I've been wondering the same thing.  Both of my Jim autographs have no. 34.  I assumed he played football in high school and wants to shock people by letting them know that.  Or, it could be that he is just fucking strange (which he is).  Anyone who has ever emailed or talked to him knows just how strange our beloved Jim is.
from this town, we'd escape
if we holler loud and make our way
we'd all live one big holiday.

plank10

he didn't play football

tinyorangepig

maybe he is a walter payton fan (chicago bears)

either way, it is a joke.

t.o.p

racking his brain for other famous #34's

Last night I went to the Sleepy Jackson concert at The Dame in Lexington (loved the venue) and low and behold JJ was present and accounted for.  Will Johnson and The Speakers were the openers--both played terrific sets.  Anyways--when I talked to Jim I asked him the significance of #34.  He said that it was his "god-given number".  He told me that he was not being sarcastic and the number is really special to him.
     Sleepy Jackson put on an excellent show and they seemed to be able to improvise more than they did opening for MMJ last fall--I guess that comes with being the headlining act.  It was cool to be standing in the crowd and look over and see Jim getting into the music.  I know he is just like any of us and will always be down to that laid-back guy from the best city in America. But to a die-hard MMJ fan like myself who is also from the best city in America, I would compare it to a basketball fan being at a basketball game and two seats over from you is Michael Jordan cheering just like everyone else.  Lebowski or bust!!!!!!!  

Oz

Yeah, it's always cool to see some of your favorite artists in the audience with you. Still, the #34-thing is intruiging...
I'm ready when you are