"Get to Know the Members" thread

Started by The_DARK, Feb 27, 2007, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

db, you said you've seen nirvana, i gotta ask, what was that like? that be a concert for the ages in my book.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Quotedb, you said you've seen nirvana, i gotta ask, what was that like? that be a concert for the ages in my book.
I was lucky enough to see the legendary sub-pop showcase @ The Astoria (Mudhoney, Nirvana & Tad) before Nevermind came out. Don't remember anything about the show but I remember being blown away.
I saw them twice more after that (once with Shonen Knife, once with Captain America i think) but they didn't have the same energy & weren't as good to be honest.

I saw Hole play a tiny club in London before Courtney & Kurt hooked up too. They excellent back then. What was the name of their debut? I can remember the cover & the fact that it was on Caroline records...
They were pretty noisy/abrasive back then, nothing like the Hole of later years.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

that would be awesome to be able to say that you were there  8-)

i'm jealous. really jealous! :(
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Taterbug

i live about 50 miles NW of Chicago
, travels in europe with rick steves,

Allright another Northern Illinois  fan of MMJ.
Rick Steves is awesome,   Cubs not so much.    Sox fan here. :)
Welcome to the board.

Thanks!  Rick Steves kills all of the competition.  Are you in the NW Burbs as well?

Yes, Elgin.  And It's like 70 degrees today, I can't wait to jump in my truck, roll down my windows a CRANK up the JACKET.  I think spring has sprung, YAHOO.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face