Started by dragonboy, Mar 23, 2006, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmerYoda

argh.
i want to go to hawaii.
glad you enjoyed yourself.
but where was my invitation?

megisnotreal

QuoteThanks Meg! I'm suffering from post-holiday blues today, haha!
Roll on June!!!

I feel you! It's been around 60 degrees every day here in Kentucky, and it is confusing me. I'm getting excited about spring, but then get really sad when I realize it's more than two months away.

dragonboy

Quotebut where was my invitation?
Sorry Jenny, I thought long & hard about it but wasn't sure if you were still out to kill me or not  :-/
Spain in June?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteYes, the world is fucked.
I just heard on BBC World that '07 will be the hottest year on record the world over...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

FarmerYoda

Quotebut where was my invitation?
Sorry Jenny, I thought long & hard about it but wasn't sure if you were still out to kill me or not  :-/
Spain in June?

i'm down. ;D

FarmerYoda

I just heard on BBC World that '07 will be the hottest year on record the world over...

i really don't want to get into this at all, that much, and i'm really not trying to be controversial.
i'm just sayin'
i don't think that there's anything we can do about global warming... so why not enjoy it? we've dug ourself a hole that we can't get out of, unfortuantely.
as for me, i love this seventy degree winter thing... it was so warm out today...  :-/ plus, by the time the icebergs melt and the earth drowns and all that stuff happens, we'll probably be on mars and we'll probably be on the moon...
and i'll probably be dead. and you too. sorry. insensitive? realistic!
but maybe this isn't a bad thing. maybe we'll start producing people who can breathe under water AND on land. WITH GILLS! w'ell be FISH PEOPLE! ahahhahha. and it'll be SO much better than regular ol' earth earth.
we'll be WATER EARTH.

but -
what i was thinkin' is that i like the way they're putting loads and loads of money in to this civilization on the moon thing - if they can start buildign atmospheres, maybe they'll begin to protect ours.
or maybe they'll find new things. or maybe new things will evolve into us. or maybe it's a scam put out by the governnmetn to protect the government by gettinng less trust and ultimately getting everyoen on the side of the weak! and really there's no such thing!
i have no scientific evidence of anything. i dont' even really know at all what the fuck global warming is, except that it wasn't snowing on christmas.
in the mean time, i'm down with shorts in the winter.

on a different note - one time, when i was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally stoned, i came up with this theory... that people miscalculated the days, and the leap years and the moons... and realyl it's not 365.25... tha'ts too perfect! it's a little less than that... so each year, we are subconscioulsy adding a day, and not really realizing it...
basically, sicne the leap year is off, and since we miscalculated, it's actually gotten warmer in the winter (errm... the nov. dec. jan. feb. months) and it'll eventually get colder in teh "summer" (the june/july.augsust) and there'll be no spring or fall. just hot summer and cold winter. or hot winter and cold summer. rahter.
hahahhahah
ahhahahha
ah.
i just reread this.
i'm not crazy.

dragonboy

i don't think that there's anything we can do about global warming... so why not enjoy it?
Watch An Inconvenient Truth:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

FarmerYoda

i don't think that there's anything we can do about global warming... so why not enjoy it?
Watch An Inconvenient Truth:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

i know , i saw this before. but...
but...
i don't know. i think fish people are better than not-fish-people.

megisnotreal

QuoteWhen did we all get new little names?  I'm prowling bobcat.  How exciting!!!!!!
i'm tiger tulip!

yay!

;D

sweatboard

It's the little things in life that make it so great.
There's Still Time.........

megisnotreal

ratsprayer

i believe in global warming in the fact the world is heating up, things are warmer than they've been in quite some time.  however, if you study scientific literature, you'll find that the earth has gone through numerous periods of cooling and warming, long before any human was on this planet.  like i said, i can't and won't argue the fact that temperatures are rising, etc etc etc, but i don't think society is as much to blame.  approximately 3 million years ago, the earth was 25 degress Celsius warmer than it is now.  there were no human-related activities to cause such a thing.  

just think about this:  think of all the major, bulbous, huge, fantastic forces that had to take place to create mountain ranges, rivers, oceans, etc etc, and ask yourself why do most people seem to think the earth is done changing in really massive ways?  in my opinion, i think that's what we're going through now.  the upcoming solar maximum is predicted to be the strongest in over 400 years.  the magnetic poles are something like 500,000 years overdue for switching places.  why can't some of these forces be responsible for the crazy weather around the world?  even if you don't agree, it's worth checking out, but then again thinking everything might be truly out of our control might scare people even more...

pawpaw

Don't get me started on global warming...

My favorite foreign country is SPAIN, though while I was there I didn't get a chance to make it to Seville, which is on the top of my must get to list. Spain rocks so hard!

The last major trip I took was my honeymoon, to French Polynesia (islands of Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora). Without a doubt the most relaxing 2 weeks of my life.

I'd love to spend a couple months touring South America, never been. I want to fish for trout in some of the huge rivers pouring out of the Andes into Argentina. Great wine made down there too.

All around favorite vacation: that's an easy one, and it's not too far away for me either...the Sierra backcountry. Emigrant Wilderness, Hoover Wilderness, Yosemite High Country, Ansel Adams Wilderness, Kings Canyon...so much to explore, so little time!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

FarmerYoda

dragonboy

Quotei went to turkey, once.
I ate a turkey once!

FarmerYoda

dragonboy

We're off to Kyoto for the weekend tomorrow.
For those of you who don't know Kyoto is one of Japan's oldest cities & a former capital, famous for 100s of beautiful temples.
We've both been many times before but this will be our first time together + it's cherry blossom season so it should be lots of fun!

For anyone interested here are a few of the temples we hope to visit:

Ginkakuji (Silver Temple):

Kiyomizudera (Pure Water Temple):

& my personal fav; Tenryuji, a zen temple with beautiful gardens & ponds:

I will try to post a few pics when we get back but we still can't seem to install our camera's software into our PC  :-/

red

I think I seen that place in one of the 3 Ninja's movies.  8-)

dragonboy

red

QuoteApparently 'The Laughs Never Stop!'
http://www.jurassicdvd.com/catalog/images/3ninjas.jpg
They sure as hell didn't when I was a young one.