24 (spoiler alert)

Started by jellyfish, Jan 30, 2006, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

Well I watched the last two episodes last night. Jack on a slow boat to China!!! Surely that must mean another series. But you never know with 24.

I liked the thing with Martha. Liked how she saved that day by standing up against her husband. Hope she can get together with Aaron. They deserve it. Don't know what the Morris (Maurice??) thing was all about. An unnecessary ex-husband for Chloe. Was he English? Australian?

I'm also a bit worried about Jack's soul. Some of the killings he's carried out have been out and out murders.

How do you think this one rated? Jellyfish?

Jellyfish

QuoteWell I watched the last two episodes last night. Jack on a slow boat to China!!! Surely that must mean another series. But you never know with 24.

I liked the thing with Martha. Liked how she saved that day by standing up against her husband. Hope she can get together with Aaron. They deserve it. Don't know what the Morris (Maurice??) thing was all about. An unnecessary ex-husband for Chloe. Was he English? Australian?

I'm also a bit worried about Jack's soul. Some of the killings he's carried out have been out and out murders.

How do you think this one rated? Jellyfish?

Well Jack is a loose cannon...pushing his job to the limit...if he kills someone it is always in the name of saving 1000 innocents.I really liked this season,might have been the  best one,IMO.They have a really good segue into the next season with the ending of this one...and yes they have Keiffer signed on for like 2 more seasons so there will be a next season...and also a movie is in the works.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

SMc55

...and yes they have Keiffer signed on for like 2 more seasons so there will be a next season...and also a movie is in the works.

I didn't know that - something to look forward to. I wonder if that bank manager's wife is still tied up in the bedroom. And where is Wayne Palmer? I hope Martha finds happiness with Aaron. I love it  ;D

Jellyfish

I didn't know that - something to look forward to. I wonder if that bank manager's wife is still tied up in the bedroom. And where is Wayne Palmer? I hope Martha finds happiness with Aaron. I love it  ;D

Ha...all this is fresh in your mind when it's been off for months here....I am gonna havta go back and refresh my memory when the DVD comes out or watch my tapes.I heart Aaron Pierce and Martha. :)  Jack is gonna go through hell next season while he is captive unless he escapes or is rescued.But in the bowels of that ship with that evil old chinese guy oh my!...oops sorry...don't mean to offend but he is very vindictive for sure.

Can't wait till next season....maybe I'll have a DVD recorder by then and I can send you the episodes quicker than you can see them...be the first on your block to have them...lol

SMc55

Day 6 starts in the UK tonight. How's it going in the US? Jellyfish? Anyone?

Jellyfish

QuoteDay 6 starts in the UK tonight. How's it going in the US? Jellyfish? Anyone?

They showed 1st 4 episodes back to back to back last week...it was great......I won't spoil it for you but lemme know when you see it.Episode 5 comes on tomorrow night.

BH

This show rules for the simple fact that they will make the story go exactly where you don't think it's going.  It's hard to be surprised these days, but they still manage to do it.  I was not expecting the ending to Episode Four to actually happen. :o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SMc55

Just watched the first two. Jack's on good form. When he bit that bloke's throat! Looking forward to many twists and turns to come. (Not sure about Chloe's guy's cod-English accent  :-/)

BH

Quote(Not sure about Chloe's guy's cod-English accent  :-/)

;D

That first two hours was pretty brutal wasn't it?!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SMc55

Quote(Not sure about Chloe's guy's cod-English accent  :-/)

;D

That first two hours was pretty brutal wasn't it?!
It was indeed. I wonder if we've got Kim being chased by an Grizzly bear to look forward to  ;)

mjkoehler

jesusmarymotherofgod.......that has got to be the biggest twist (hour 5)....poor Jack. He needs some serious f'n therepy. :-X

SMc55

Quotejesusmarymotherofgod.......that has got to be the biggest twist (hour 5)....poor Jack. He needs some serious f'n therepy. :-X
OMG! Got to wait another 3 weeks for that. Sounds exciting  :o

Jellyfish

The show sucks this year....that is all. :(

Jellyfish

It is getting a bit better from week to week...this past week's episode was pretty good...I am not giving up yet.

Anyone else watching or have you given up on it this season?

SMc55

I'm still watching. It has got a different feel this time. I don't think I like Jack's self doubt. And the thing with this father and brother is weird (the father's just taken Jack's nephew to get his mother to take Jack into a trap).  I can't abide Morris (Maurice?).
It's being shown immediately before Lost here as well which doesn't help. I used to like absorbing the previous hour's action and speculating about it. Sometimes I'd call my sister in France to talk about it, but now it's straight on to Lost which I also love.
What don't you like about this one Jellyfish?

BH

Still a top notch show, but not as good as last year for sure.

mjkoehler

I am greatly enjoying this season, but yes it is not the best one they have had. Even their so so season are light years ahead of most of the dreck on TV. It is a nice slow build though. By the end of the season will be all feeling BAUER TIME baby!!!!

Biggest disappointment this season is we have only really heard about schematics in one episode  :(

SMc55

Biggest disappointment this season is we have only really heard about schematics in one episode  :(
;D ;D ;D

Jellyfish

QuoteI'm still watching. It has got a different feel this time. I don't think I like Jack's self doubt. And the thing with this father and brother is weird (the father's just taken Jack's nephew to get his mother to take Jack into a trap).  I can't abide Morris (Maurice?).
It's being shown immediately before Lost here as well which doesn't help. I used to like absorbing the previous hour's action and speculating about it. Sometimes I'd call my sister in France to talk about it, but now it's straight on to Lost which I also love.
What don't you like about this one Jellyfish?

It's just not as intense this year....and Wayne Palmer is not believable as a president with the goatee and all.....he is giving it his best shot but I still don't like him being prez.The characters are not as interesting either....Morris is an idiot...he gets on my nerves bigtime in not a good way.Jack's self doubt is believable though since he was imprisoned in China for 2 years or whatever.I think the best thing about this season is Jack and his insecurity about his job and all.

I must say that last weeks episode here in the states was one of the best so far this season....I won't spoil it for you doc. ;)

SMc55

I agree with you about Wayne Palmer. His brother was completely believable as president but not him. Morris's accent drives me nuts. Is he meant to be English? If so he's been to the Dick Van Dyke school of elocution. How about a little speculation? Could Josh be Jack's son? There's clearly history between Jack and Marilyn, and Josh is very like Kim.