the world is a scary scary place these days

Started by ali, Jun 17, 2007, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

just heard that a gunman is loose in the melbourne cbd - having shot 3 people, one's passed away.... apparently he was just shooting at random in morning peak hour crowds, although no one really knows anything as yet

:'(
love a song for the way it makes you feel

SMc55

Oh how awful Ali.
The world is crazy and scary  :'(

Kel

that's really awful, i hope they catch him or have caught him!

the world has always been a scary place.  humans are very interesting yet very scary at the same time.  it's so strange to me that some of us can be so loving and some of us can be so full of hate.  what makes people see the world differently, you know?

ratsprayer

it's actually been proven in many different studies and in many different formats that the world is much safer than it ever has been before.  even though kidnappings and other events are more glamourised in the media, fact is they don't happen as often as they have in the past.  nutty sounding or not, it's just a way to make people more afraid of the world they inhabit, for whatever purpose it may serve.  there are nuts everywhere, but in terms of crime and danger, there's never been a better time to walk the earth and feel safe.  all that said, i hope everyone is careful and cautious of their surroundings, but still enjoy life and don't greatly alter your life because of the supposed dangers lurking around every corner.

:) :) :) :)

BH

Quoteit's actually been proven in many different studies and in many different formats that the world is much safer than it ever has been before.  even though kidnappings and other events are more glamourised in the media, fact is they don't happen as often as they have in the past.  nutty sounding or not, it's just a way to make people more afraid of the world they inhabit, for whatever purpose it may serve.  there are nuts everywhere, but in terms of crime and danger, there's never been a better time to walk the earth and feel safe.  all that said, i hope everyone is careful and cautious of their surroundings, but still enjoy life and don't greatly alter your life because of the supposed dangers lurking around every corner.

:) :) :) :)

That is a fantastic paragraph my friend.

I must remind myself of this more often.

3 cheers to someone who names the song, band or writer......

Hey! Listen to me!
    All that 1980s shit is over.
    Brothers and sisters - we'll turn the volume down.
    Brothers and sisters - we're gonna shut down this mechanical
    stuff,
    that makes us feel like victoms.
    Take those machine guns, and turn 'em down.
    Yeah. Turn off those cop shows.
    Listen to those helicopters, listen to the sirens.
    Makin´ ya feel nervious, and anguish.
    1980s shit - turn it down.
    Tone it down.
    Now I ask you -
    I ask you in quiet tone of voice:
    Is the helicopter a machine of pleasure?
    Is the helicopter a love machine?
    Turn it on.
    Silence those church bells.
    Fuck the sirens.
    Lets have some quiet, quiet silence
    Yeah.. Yeah... I wanna hold you close.
    You wanna hold someone close.
    Hey. We wanna- we wanna feel good!
    I wanna make you laugh.
    Turn down that victom shit.
    Oh yeah. Yeah thats better.
    Hey- we wanna look each other in the eye.
    Doing a high-five.
    When I whisper. When I whisper it sorta stings in your ear.
    I wanna tremble your earbones.
    Open your trembling earbones.
    Listen.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

Revolting Cocks.  My brother was super into Ministry.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

QuoteRevolting Cocks.  My brother was super into Ministry.

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Verr Niice
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ratsprayer

during my hikes in the past few days, i found a dead turtle and a snake.  i'm almost positive the culprit is driving around somewhere RIGHT NOW!