Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteWho's in?

We've got ten slots and one is still open.  League closes soon.

Here's the info:
Yahoo Fantasy Football  
The Fans of My Morning Jacket
League ID# 464540
Password - Football

***Draft is at 6:00 Eastern / 5:00PM Central on Friday the 24th***

in da butt, make yourself known. i would hate losing to a person i don't know, even if  that person is a fan of the jacket.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jon T.

Sorry.  I am In da Butt!!!!!   If someone else would rather play I will pull out of being In da Butt    :-*  
Seriously, i was just trying to help fill the league.  But if not In da butt shall be victorious.....

corey

It's cool. We just wanted to know who you were. :)

aMD

QuoteSorry.  I am In da Butt!!!!!   If someone else would rather play I will pull out of being In da Butt    :-*  
Seriously, i was just trying to help fill the league.  But if not In da butt shall be victorious.....

yeah, we were just wondering.  i hope you're ready to have your butt and whatever's in it handed to ya.  ;)

corey

I'm trying to decide if I want to pick my players based on:
a) who I like
b) who will kick your asses

I can't decide which route to take. I may go half and half.

Jon T.

QuoteSorry.  I am In da Butt!!!!!   If someone else would rather play I will pull out of being In da Butt    :-*  

yeah, we were just wondering.  i hope you're ready to have your butt and whatever's in it handed to ya.  ;)

You gotta date on Friday, baby.

aMD

hey that's my old avatar!

corey, i'm going with a lineup that i like AND will kick your asses (damn my eternal optimism)!

EAZYE

Does anyone have a problem with pushing the draft back 30 minutes?  I get off work at  5, just don't want to pre draft my players and not get who I want.  If it's too much for everyone I think I will only miss the first round.  Thanks, let me know.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

corey

I think I can go back 30 minutes. I have somewhere to be around 7 or 8 (I think), so the longer we push it back, the less time I have. But I think 30 minutes should be OK.

corey

My brother is interested. I just sent him an e-mail with all the details about the league sign-up. I guess we'll be fighting over Seaun Alexander. :)

.Walt

QuoteDoes anyone have a problem with pushing the draft back 30 minutes?  I get off work at  5, just don't want to pre draft my players and not get who I want.  If it's too much for everyone I think I will only miss the first round.  Thanks, let me know.

i'm sorry, but it won't let me change it anymore. i tried, because i really don't care when we draft. the latest it will let me change it is 4:00PM. sorry.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jon T.

QuoteMy brother is interested. I just sent him an e-mail with all the details about the league sign-up. I guess we'll be fighting over Seaun Alexander. :)

I've got him in my other league and for the sake of convenience and the fact that my other team is looking pretty strong, I'm thinking about replicating it as much as possible.  So, Sean is looking like a hot commodity.

That being said I will not pass up LaDainian or S. Jackson.   :P

corey

I'm interested to see how the draft pans out. I'm gonna try to work on a list of players that i want this morning.

Jon T.

corey

We got 10. My brother is in as Bama37.

I'm looking at the team positions on Yahoo. It says that we should have 2 starting WR, then this W/R. Does that mean we get an optional 3rd receiver? I'm confused. Also, how many defensive players do we get? And what is BN? (It's early and I may be a little stupid.)

bowl of soup

I can't be live at the draft (I hate this), but I have ranked my players.  Is there anything else I need to do to have my players taken automatically?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

Corey:  W/R means you get your choice of an additional wideout or a Running back and i believe you get 2 defenses.  These are entire defensive units though not individual players.  Meaning you would take the Bears and get the whole teams defensive stats.  

Bowl, I think that is all you do.  I'm probably going to do the same thing.  The league I play in is completely different than yahoo and I've only done this yahoo thing once but I'm pretty sure that is how we did it.  I hope I'm right.

Jon T.

Oh and BN means bench.  You'll draft more players than you'll actually start each week and you decide who plays and who rides the pine.

corey

Thanks for the info!
Shit, I've already been picking defensive players for my list. I guess I better make a team decision.

Jon T.