Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

theres isn't any defensive of players. just teams. unless you want them??

here's the positions

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 WR/RB
1 K
1 DEF
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bowl of soup

QuoteCorey:  W/R means you get your choice of an additional wideout or a Running back and i believe you get 2 defenses.  These are entire defensive units though not individual players.  Meaning you would take the Bears and get the whole teams defensive stats.  

Bowl, I think that is all you do.  I'm probably going to do the same thing.  The league I play in is completely different than yahoo and I've only done this yahoo thing once but I'm pretty sure that is how we did it.  I hope I'm right.

Thanks - I looked into it and it looks like your right - if you're not there it just picks from your list and fills in your positions.  My pathetic reason for non-attendence is that the draft in my other money league was changed.  I may be a loser, but I refuse to do 2 fantasy drafts at once.  I've been playing in the other one for years and it's a keeper league and there is a decent amount of $ on the line - so it won out, allthough I prefer the people in here.

We haven't really discussed a prize for our a peaceful little MMJ league.  My earlier suggestion was that all of the losers chip in for a couple of nice tickets to the winner's show of choice for the upcoming tour (assuming one will happen soon).  Honor system of course.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

.Walt

i like that idea of the tickets, thats great!

aMD

One more day!!!

Bowl of soup, you can do two at once!  We don't have to be the priority but i assured you that no one will down their nose at you.  unless you just want to focus on the other

I can dig the tickets thang.

aMD

Okay here's the Cast of Characters (the first person listed will win the league, beyond that the list is in no particular order):

aMillionDreams   =    aMillionWHODEYS
Corey= Olwiggum =  DirtySouthHeat
BowlofSoup     =       Bowl of Soup
knotcameloose   =   The Jacketeers
CaptainTripps    =    The Tennesse Fire
etwvig0            =               Easy E's Jacket
Red = K           =           bigfoot
True        =       Team Ramrod
Jon T         =         In Da Butt
Corey's brother  =  Bama37

knotcameloose

I'll be good to go tomorrow at 6...

Has anyone done a Yahoo draft before?  Will they send another email with a link or do we just sing into our Yahoo accounts?  

I'm sure I'll figure it out, just so we all know.

aMD

QuoteI'll be good to go tomorrow at 6...

Has anyone done a Yahoo draft before?  Will they send another email with a link or do we just sing into our Yahoo accounts?  

From what I read on the site there, it said that I button will appear about an hour (i think) before the draft that says Enter Live Draft.  So I guess you'll log on to your account. It also recommended that you enter the draft 10 mintues go time.

knotcameloose

QuoteI'll be good to go tomorrow at 6...

From what I read on the site there, it said that I button will appear about an hour (i think) before the draft that says Enter Live Draft.  So I guess you'll log on to your account. It also recommended that you enter the draft 10 mintues go time.

Thank you much, sounds good.

I will be drafting all the Giants and suffering for it.

;)

ManNamedTruth

What determines the order of the draft?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

I've never done this before so i may have more questions to come. A couple years ago i won the football poll at work (i actually tied for first, tie breaker points and all, i would've gotten a bit more cash), i like picking winners in games but i'm not sure about this fantasy thing.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

corey

My brother and I are new to this as well. (See my questions above)

There was a thing the other day that said that draft order will be picked randomly either 30 minutes or an hour before the draft. I can't remember which.

.Walt

yeah you can show up a half an hour before, and the draft order is random. i'm getting pumped!!

corey

Me too! I need to figure out some people to have on the bench. I haven't done that yet.

.Walt

if you're going to be at the draft, you really don't have to pre-rank your players. while drafting, they have all the players ranked for you, and also ranked by position. so its pretty handy.

the best part of not having a favorite team, is i can love all of the teams.

teams i dig: Bangles, Pats (Man crush on Randy Moss), Chargers, Chiefs, and Cardinals, Eagles.
teams i hate to see win: Bears, Bucs, Jets, Giants, Colts, and Dolphins

super bowl teams (not final) Eagles vs Pats ---winner--- Pats 31-27

bowl of soup

QuoteOne more day!!!

Bowl of soup, you can do two at once!  We don't have to be the priority but i assured you that no one will down their nose at you.  unless you just want to focus on the other

I can dig the tickets thang.

Thanks, but the cave that we hold the draft in has no internet, so I'll just have to hope that my rankings do me right.  9 losers + 1 winner + $20 per loser = $180 = some very nice tix for the winner and a guest.  Just a thought.  Someone with a artistic bent should also devise some sort of very lame trophey for the winner.  Said trophey should make all involved question the artist's sexuality.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

.Walt

3 minutes until the order is revealed.

corey

Does anyone see the draft button yet?

aMD

it's almost go time!

where exactly do I need to be.  I'm sure I'll find I just don't want to miss the boat.  i still haven't seen the order. is it up?

.Walt

6th pick damn it!!!!!!!!

aMD

i just entered the live draft   ;D