Main Menu

our art

Started by FarmerYoda, Sep 25, 2006, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

Meggha, your artwork is awesome!!!!! :)
How loud can silence get?

meggha

thank you, everyone. i really appreciate it.
I just sold the one of my great-grandfather, but all the others are available for purchasing. If you are seriously interested in buying something, please message me.
Again, thank you for all the kind words and appreciation. It's so nice to be on this forum!
Anyone else, art art? I want to see more!
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

meggha

Also, I've finally taken the time to go through all of these pages and look at the work. Great stuff, everyone! mjk73, I love those paintings you posted on p. 8, the colors and compositions are great, reminds me a bit of Sonia Delaunay, one of my  favorite painters.
I'm also enjoying all the illustration/cartoon work you guys do. This is an area that I could never be good at, and I greatly admire anyone who can work this way. Personally, my recent works have been made more from imagination and less from observation. I am attempting to make imagination my only source material.

ManNamedTruth

Quote. I am attempting to make imagination my only source material.

That's how I work, mostly.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

meggha

Quote. I am attempting to make imagination my only source material.

That's how I work, mostly.

Yes, I could see that a bit from what you've posted here. The imagination is probably the most powerful source for art. as Gauguin said, "I close my eyes in order to see."

BH

Beautiful painting meggha!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Great paintings Meggha  :o

Judging by those ones of your great grandparents, I think you should try a painting of JJ rocking out sometime
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Quotemjk73, I love those paintings you posted on p. 8, the colors and compositions are great, reminds me a bit of Sonia Delaunay, one of my  favorite painters.
sanks. sadly, the only things I've done in a while. Haven't had the time or the inspiration latley. Actually I'm staring at the green and blue geometric one right now as it's in my living room.

meggha

QuoteGreat paintings Meggha  :o

Judging by those ones of your great grandparents, I think you should try a painting of JJ rocking out sometime

yes, i've always imagined painting rock stars that i admire. but i feel like so many people do this, and are doing it so well, why should i do the same? but i won't rule it out; i never try to limit myself when it comes to art-making.
I tried to paint bob dylan recently, but i can't draw hands, so the hand he was resting his face on was complete shit. i painted a landscape over it.

FACE

my second creation, for my boyfriend's mother on valentines day. weehehe not finished, kinda corny, i don't care.

ALady

Aw!  That's really cool.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

meggha

my second creation, for my boyfriend's mother on valentines day. weehehe not finished, kinda corny, i don't care.

super-great.  thanks for sharing. what is it made out of?
corny is sometimes a very good thing.

FACE

old t shirts! :)
i finished it with feets!

Bigsky

Some of my thesis work...

AMightyCaporal

man I haven't done much artwork since I graduated- I miss it- this thread is inspiring me to get back into it.  Lots of great work everyone! Keep on creating!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

meggha

Here are all ten paintings lined up. they are actually much larger than this, but i didn't want to hurt you guys by trying to see them all together in large format on a tiny screen. they are currently up all together in my favorite cafe. i'm hoping to find them a permanent home/viewing space in my hometown.

These are the titles that i wrote up. a poet friend of mine also wrote titles, but i don't have them with me.
1. No matter how it ends, combed into the water and the weeds
2. Break your heart keep hunting there
3. Morning on green fields, will it stay there always inside the head?
4. We've never seen the simple homeland
5. Seize this nest like prey from a grey distance
6. On the other side, my heart can't wait to meat you
7. I'm not (t)here, brooding, I'm gone
8. It's about twilight now in the stream
9. On this emptiness floats a child's play of vacillating colors
10. No matter how it starts, this is the back of the uncultivated mind, our idea of paradise

meggha

and also, sorry they came out in a block format. i wanted them to be all in one line because all ten line up together. also, i forgot to mention that the titles are a pastiche of quotes that were inspiring me in the fall. words and music play a huge part in my image-making. i'm sure most of you can recognize where a few of the quotes come from.  ;)

Kenny76

I never noticed this thread before.  There is some GREAT art on it.    What a talented group of fans.

woodnymph

Ahhh I knew there had to be an art thread!!  Nice to have found it.... whew, meggha's art is gorgeous!!  Don't see her on here much anymore, it seems  :(

Well this is by no means done yet, but I just had the urge to share it in its pre-complete stage...  It's colored pencil on posterboard.... and it still has a little ways to go yet.  The picture makes the outermost petals look a bit more pink than they really are.

I'll post again when it's either closer to being finished or is totally finished!  I'm considering making all of the super dark shaded parts on the outer petals into petals too, but I'm not sure yet.  I'm kind of at a stand-still a little...

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YouAre_GivenToFly

Thanks for bumping this thread...

I wouldn't quite consider it art, as I've only been taking photography somewhat seriously for a few months now... but here are a few of my favorite shots that I've taken....

Untitled by dc1221, on Flickr

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.