Main Menu

our art

Started by FarmerYoda, Sep 25, 2006, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

It's finally finished... Will provide better pics on my site once I've access to the large format scaner.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ManNamedTruth

nice brad, the bear is my favorite part
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

BH

Kick Fucking Ass Dude.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

:o
awesome, brad
:o

Angry Ewok

So, today I put the Okonokos piece on the large format scanner... This is a true-scan with some half-assed Photoshopping to clean up smudges. The screens here aren't so hot, so there'll probably be alot of missed spots - and the brightness is likely out of control, as well.

Anyway, the point is - I'm going to be calling some printers soon and seeing if I can't get a short run of art prints made. I'll probably only have 100 made - plus 10 Artist Proofs.

BH

Mark me down for one.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Hate to post something without sharing new stuff...

This is probably going to be a magazine cover - still in talks with the publisher.

Ghosts_on_TV

Awesome, dude... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

FarmerYoda

mmj37

:oYou are amazing. The MMJ and the Planet of the Apes (I'm assuming that's what it is) is incredible.

FarmerYoda

no where near brad's talent.

i feel so inferior

but i'm starting ot print t shirts fer some extra money. thsi girl next door to me has a silk screen printer... and letting me borrwo it for five bucks a t shirt. i'm gonna design them. it'll be ill.

ManNamedTruth

Quoteno where near brad's talent.

i feel so inferior

Creativity can make up for talent (which i think you have anyway). You deffinately have loads of creativity. Your style is just different than Brad's, not inferior. How old are you? 15, 16? You're at a way different level than I was at that age, you'll only get better.

Angry Ewok

You can't criticize your work based on someone else's... instead you have to stay focused on besting yourself, and surprising yourself by constantly improving. Your style is way out there, it's your signature style - something I didn't have at 15, and still don't have at 22. There's no comparison - so how can you say it's inferior?

Anyway, don't get discouraged, sweets. This last piece of yours is very cool, I like the freehanded symmetry you've got going there.

dragonboy

Whenever I see your artwork Face I think of Damien Rice's album covers:

Excellent stuff J! Keep up the good work.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

I am so excited I can't contain myself. Be the first (besides my mom) to see my newly created painting. It is for an upcoming group show: http://www.myspace.com/openheartshow Help me think of a name. Should I pay honor to mmj and call it It Beats For You?

oil on canvas

Jon T.

QuoteShould I pay honor to mmj and call it It Beats For You?

ABSOLUTELY!

FarmerYoda

ill, true.
and thanks, all.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI am so excited I can't contain myself. Be the first (besides my mom) to see my newly created painting. It is for an upcoming group show: http://www.myspace.com/openheartshow Help me think of a name. Should I pay honor to mmj and call it It Beats For You?

oil on canvas
I titled it 'Vitality'.

Angry Ewok

Anyone who ever gave a damn about baseball has got to have some level of admiration for Babe Ruth... I've always been totally awestruck by old videos of his swing. Here's a rough sketch for a piece I've got in mind.

In other news, the Okonokos Mural has been at the press for a week or so... I'll be going in later this week to proof the setup before the prints are run. There will be 250 prints made, so there's your first heads up on that. Once I see the proof, I'll start taking pre-orders, if anyone is interested. I'll probably offer some sort of pricecut or added 'something' for those earlier orders.

red

QuoteHate to post something without sharing new stuff...

This is probably going to be a magazine cover - still in talks with the publisher.

Oh man, that is wonderful.  Love it.