I have never texted anyone about anything

Started by ycartrob, Apr 15, 2009, 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

QuoteI wrote this in another thread...

I personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone else; or when the clerk at the check out counter is texting when they should be working. I know it's a great way to communicate, but when is it going to stop. Next thing you know people will be sexting...that's right...people have sex with each other using their texting devices. I'm sure this already goes on. [highlight]Then everyone will have blisters on their thumbs[/highlight], and no one wants that.
>:(

I don't know about anybody else, but that happened to me in 1985.

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Bigsky

QuoteI wrote this in another thread...

I personally think texting is stupid and very annoying. I can't stand when you are hanging out with someone and they're texting with someone else; or when the clerk at the check out counter is texting when they should be working. I know it's a great way to communicate, but when is it going to stop. Next thing you know people will be sexting...that's right...people have sex with each other using their texting devices. I'm sure this already goes on. [highlight]Then everyone will have blisters on their thumbs[/highlight], and no one wants that.
>:(

I don't know about anybody else, but that happened to me in 1985.

Yes, I do remember that...and they eventually turned into calluses

capt. scotty

I dont have an NES anymore, but I still rock the SNES and N64 on the regular.

I even have a backup SNES  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

Definitely wore a hole in my thumb with Zelda: Majora's Mask back in middle school. So far to run with that little joystick held forward for so long. There's only so much one boy can take!

Texting is a great tool, but I've had it be a big nuisance and communication inhibitor when employed too often within a relational context. My constant whereabouts/goings-on are not really a necessary, and it takes the fun out of talking later, because the small joys of daily life can certainly be sapped when they're being immediately reported on. I'm very much enjoying being in a relationship where text messages are a nice little surprise, the proverbial "note in the lunchbox" and don't necessarily require a response.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

Texting is a great tool, but I've had it be a big nuisance and communication inhibitor when employed too often within a relational context. My constant whereabouts/goings-on are not really a necessary, and it takes the fun out of talking later, because the small joys of daily life can certainly be sapped when they're being immediately reported on. I'm very much enjoying being in a relationship where text messages are a nice little surprise, the proverbial "note in the lunchbox" and don't necessarily require a response.

well said my friend