Rush? Men vs. Women

Started by Eweezy, Jun 27, 2009, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eweezy

What up fellow MMJ'ers, me and my wife were having a discussion about the band Rush.  I have been a Rush fan most of my life and I'm only 31, anyway I was trying to tell her if you go to a Rush show or meet a fan of Rush, more than likely it's a dude.  I'm not trying to say "no" women listen to the band but they are mostly liked by dudes.  I just wanted other people's take on it.  Also, if your a woman and you like "Tom Sawyer" or "Limelight" that does not count as a Rush fan,  I mean are u a fan or not do you like a song or two or can we have an in depth discussion about albums like "Roll the Bones" or "Moving Pictures".  

Peace, Love, & Chicken Grease
Yikes!

capt. scotty

I like Working Man and thats probably the only Rush song I could name. I am a dude and I am not a fan. From an outsiders POV though, Id probably agree with you, then again I dont know too many 40 year old women.

this probably makes more sense to be in the "Other Music" forum as well  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Welcome back! It did not take as long as I thought... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Janet

I have every single Rush CD and DVD in their catalogue, see them multiple times each tour, have read all of Neil Peart's books and have the Rush bobble head dolls gracing my bookshelves in my living room.  

I guess you could say I'm a fan...

bearass

rush=badass awesomeness

Angry Ewok

Tom Sawyer is the only Rush song I know.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

bearass

QuoteTom Sawyer is the only Rush song I know.
what a shame what a shame

everyone should own caress of steel

ALady

When I was in college part of our hazing process was being locked in a room with 2112 blasting at full volume.

Surprisingly, I am a fan.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

vespachick

With all apologies to Tracy, I strongly dislike Rush.  
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mjkoehler

I only mildly like the hits with the exception of the song Subdivisions. That song is fantastic.

Ruckus

Good to know others are out there to start a random Rush thread even with Tracy gone.

Long live the great ones!

2112 blasting in its entirety sounds like  great time Lady!

Ewok, I really hope you were kidding.

Of course Xanadu, Cygnus X-II and Natural Science are must listens
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

I should also note my coolness here 8-) 8-) 8-)

I am getting a new dog in less than a month.  It's a half Boston Terrier, half French Bulldog.

It's named Cygnus but I'll stick with Siggy for short

weeniebeenie

I got 2112 for my 18th last year and it was on repeat all autumn/winter. I'm gonna get another one soon, any suggestions?
How loud can silence get?

Ruckus

QuoteI got 2112 for my 18th last year and it was on repeat all autumn/winter. I'm gonna get another one soon, any suggestions?

Which ones do you have so far or do you just have 2112?

Crispy

Exit Stage Left is required Rush listening, especially Xanadu.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

weeniebeenie

QuoteI got 2112 for my 18th last year and it was on repeat all autumn/winter. I'm gonna get another one soon, any suggestions?

Which ones do you have so far or do you just have 2112?
Just 2112.
How loud can silence get?

Ruckus

If you like that album, I'd pick up any of their next 4 albums which IMO are all classics.

A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

Janet