Ex-boxing champ Arturo Gatti murdered in Brazil

Started by Jaimoe, Jul 12, 2009, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Another one of my all-time favourites has met an untimely and tragic end (following on the heels of Alexis Arguello's death from two weeks ago). Montreal's Arturo Gatti, one of the most exciting boxers of his era (or any other for that matter) was found dead in Brazil. His wife is the prime suspect.

Even when Gatti was past his prime, he was still dangerous> But his fights while in his prime with Tracy Patterson, Ivan Robinson and especially Irish Mickey Ward are amongst the most thrilling fights ever. The thing I liked most about Gatti as a boxer was that he threw only bombs and he got more dangerous the more he got hurt, much like the way Felix Trinidad was in his heyday. R.I.P.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/6 64878

tenn

Really bummed about this, he was a class act and one of my favorites as well :(

capt. scotty

I guess we do have a McNair thread, but I guarantee if Gatti wasnt Canadian you woldve just replied to my post last night in the boxing thread about this instead of making a whole thread for it  ;D ;)

RIP Gatti....Going to turn on ESPN classic now to watch some fights
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Wife has been officially charged. I hear strangled him with a purse while he was sleeping.

And get this, she was only 23.

I have a feeling after this and McNair, athletes will be sticking within at least a decade of there of their own age when looking for some wimmins.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons