2009-2010 College Football Thread

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 05, 2009, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Well, I got my Crimson Tide season tickets in yesterday and took a tour of the stadium this morning to see where exactly my seats are. My seats are right beside the tunnel - if I don't get a bunch of high fives from the team, I'll be on TV, for sure... It's almost here, folks!

So... any predictions?

I'm thinking Florida and Oklahoma again...  :-/
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

Coach's Poll 2009 Pre-season
[link=http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm]USA Today[/link]

1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. USC
5. Alabama

6. Ohio State
7. Virginia Tech
8. Penn State
9. LSU
10. Ole Miss

11. Oklahoma State
12. California
13. Georgia
14. Oregon
15. Georgia Tech

16. Boise State
17. TCU
18. Utah
19. Florida State
20. North Carolina

21. Iowa
22. Nebraska
23. Notre Dame
24. Birgham Young
25. Oregon State

mjkoehler

Well at least my beloved Huskers are back in pre season rankings!

I'm with you Brad. OK is gonna be tough this year. I gotta someone find a way to make it to Lincoln and get tickets for that game. It's been too long.

BH

QuoteWell at least my beloved Huskers are back in pre season rankings!

I'm with you Brad. OK is gonna be tough this year. I gotta someone find a way to make it to Lincoln and get tickets for that game. It's been too long.

They could very well be right about the Huskers, but I'm confused at what exactly happened to make anyone think they will be better than Mizzou this year.  Again, Mizzou lost a lot of players so I kind of get it, but it seems like the big name schools always work there way back to the top of the rankings at the beginning of each year.  Oh well, I kind of like not having any expectations this year for a change.

OCTOBER 9th, THURSDAY NIGHT, ESPN. Bring it Koehler!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Ole Miss at #10!   This thread is going to be a lot more dull without Tracy this year.   :-/
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

QuoteOle Miss at #10!   This thread is going to be a lot more dull without Tracy this year.   :-/

I'm thinking Ole Miss is getting a little bit too much hype for their own good... I'm predicting they'll lose their first SEC game (@ SC).

mjkoehler

QuoteWell at least my beloved Huskers are back in pre season rankings!

They could very well be right about the Huskers, but I'm confused at what exactly happened to make anyone think they will be better than Mizzou this year.  Again, Mizzou lost a lot of players so I kind of get it, but it seems like the big name schools always work there way back to the top of the rankings at the beginning of each year.  Oh well, I kind of like not having any expectations this year for a change.

OCTOBER 9th, THURSDAY NIGHT, ESPN. Bring it Koehler!
I had actually planned to go to the game, until I looked at the calendar and realized I leave for Chicago like the next day so I am not attending. Really f'n bummed about it. It's probably better that way, at least my liver and checkbook will be thankful. I already know I will be absofuckinglutly destroyed that night if I went. Plus I do not like the idea of potentially spending a night in a Columbia jail. It would happen. ESPN, HD, Couch, and some brew will be the plan that night.

Angry Ewok

My #5 BAMA vs. #7 VTECH tickets are pretty much in the nose bleeds, but I'm still pretty pumped up to see this matchup. Chic-fil-a does an awesome, absolutely awesome job as a sponsor. And the Georgia Dome is great, too.

TheBigChicken

Going to be a TOUGH year for the DAWGS I think. Too many key players to replace...Georgia vs Florida could be a very painful this year... :-[
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

Yeah, but you know how Richt is... He'll have more success this year than he did last year, despite the position changes. I know the players win the games, but I've always felt Richt coaches ten-fold better when he hasn't gotten much media attention. And there's been zilch of that since the pre-season chatter last year.

capt. scotty

Preseason rankings....about as useful as a dead hooker.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

QuotePreseason rankings....about as useful as a dead hooker.

Great conversation piece.

Ruckus

I think there should be this thread then a separate SEC thread don't y'alls think? ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteI think there should be this thread then a separate SEC thread don't y'alls think? ;)

QuoteIs there any chance we could have a separate Bama thread this year so I dont need to see Nick Saban's face every day?

great minds think alike  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

QuoteGoing to be a TOUGH year for the DAWGS I think. Too many key players to replace...Georgia vs Florida could be a very painful this year... :-[

Yeah, but you know they will still be fun to watch!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

Nothing's gonna beat Tennessee @ Florida. My goodness.

Angry Ewok

Angry Ewok

Looks like Vtech is having fun...

...but wow is GTech underwhelming, or what? That shirtless photo does not say much about their strength and conditioning. Or maybe I just need glasses, or something.

Angry Ewok

Tennessee.  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

capt. scotty

...but wow is GTech underwhelming, or what? That shirtless photo does not say much about their strength and conditioning. Or maybe I just need glasses, or something.

did they tell their OLine and DLine to take the day off?!  ;D