New Jersey folk, your guber choice?

Started by el_chode, Sep 02, 2009, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I think a few other people here are from the garden state and I was curious if you have any opinions on the gubernatorial candidates.

Personally, I'm liking Daggett the most, I'm just curious to see his stance on taxation and reigning in tuition expenses. He'll sign any measure to end the hoopla around gay marriages, supports stem cells, is rational about abortion, and was former regional director for the EPA and has a good green streak to him.

I despise Corzine, and Christie strikes me as a bit disingenuous
I'm surrounded by assholes

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI think a few other people here are from the garden state and I was curious if you have any opinions on the gubernatorial candidates.

Personally, I'm liking Daggett the most, I'm just curious to see his stance on taxation and reigning in tuition expenses. He'll sign any measure to end the hoopla around gay marriages, supports stem cells, is rational about abortion, and was former regional director for the EPA and has a good green streak to him.

I despise Corzine, and Christie strikes me as a bit disingenuous

this is jersey FOOGETTA BOUT IT EH!? YOOOOOO TONY!
Aren't all NJ politicians disingenuous?

Vote for this team- they keep the "Fist" in Fist Pump

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Penny Lane

i don't like corzine or any other goldman sachs scum. i'm not sure of the other candidates, but the most moderate running against him.

about 30 gov'nuh races this year! gonna be interesting.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

the issues that affect me the most, in no particular order:

1) open spaces/environmental
2) cost of living, or at least, ability to live here
3) tuition/education
4) liquor licensing

I'd have expected Corzine to have a good Enviro record but he doesn't. We're ranked as the 7th greenest state and we've got a lot of nature to offer despite the stereotypes. I'd hate to see that go away.

The Mt. Laurel approach to affordable housing is misguided and impractical, but more broadly it's just impossible for young, working stiffs to find a place to live, even without housing costs, an annual $9k tax on property is pretty hefty

I'm still a student, and although at a private school, I've seen the Rutgers tuition rise and I'm sure my school anchors their prices based on the public side of things

The liquor licensing quota method is stupid. I doubt this will be changed by any governor, but it still pisses me off. Why can't we just sell a liquor license to anyone who wants one? Talk about a boon to the economy - and craft brewing
I'm surrounded by assholes