Feb 18, 2019, 09:00 am

NFL 2018

Started by Jackets N Pones, Aug 09, 2018, 05:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 20, 2019, 08:41 pm
Quote from: ericm on Jan 20, 2019, 08:04 pm
Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 20, 2019, 06:27 pm
Saints got screwed on that one.


Yeah I agree. Terrible non call there. The Rams DB clearly got there early and wasn't even looking at the ball, let alone trying to make a play on it.

The Saints had their chances no doubt but they also made the plays and put themselves in position to win the game. It's not like the official would've handed them the game on a bogus call. It was as blatant  a penalty as could be IMO. The Saints got the matchup they wanted, Brees made the throw and they got screwed by the non call.
No mention of that horrible non call on Goff being face masked going in to make it 24-20 Rams? Officiating in the NFL has truly become a joke, I think they rely to much on replay these days and the officials just aren't that good anymore, IMO.


Totally agree about the poor officiating in the league and the missed face mask on Goff.

Thing is for me though, Goff was in amongst a bunch of players and while it should've been seen, it's more understandable for me it wasn't. The non PI was out in the open for all to see and only those two players to watch. I don't have any explanation for how that wasn't seen.
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Well the Deathstar against Hollywood  :beer: That 4th qtr in KC was crazy!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

World Series 2018: LA Dodgers vs. Boston Red Sox
Super Bowl 2018: LA Rams vs. New England (aka Boston) Patriots

parkervb

coinflips for the Super Bowl, LAME
Don't you ever turn it off

iLikeBeer

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 21, 2019, 09:34 am
coinflips for the Super Bowl, LAME


I feel like the OT needs to be changed in the NFL.  I feel like they just need to make it a FULL quarter of OT.  No sudden death whatsoever!  Whatever the score is at the end of the OT period is the score!  If it is still tied, play another quarter and keep going until you have a winner!!!


That said, Tom Brady is now 3-0 in OT playoff games and in each of those games they have won the coin toss and never gave the other team a chance to have the football!!!  I'd say that pads his GOAT resume a bit...

jttouch2

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 23, 2019, 02:26 pm
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 21, 2019, 09:34 am
coinflips for the Super Bowl, LAME


I feel like the OT needs to be changed in the NFL.  I feel like they just need to make it a FULL quarter of OT.  No sudden death whatsoever!  Whatever the score is at the end of the OT period is the score!  If it is still tied, play another quarter and keep going until you have a winner!!!


That said, Tom Brady is now 3-0 in OT playoff games and in each of those games they have won the coin toss and never gave the other team a chance to have the football!!!  I'd say that pads his GOAT resume a bit...

I would support that, though I think a change to a college-type of OT where its alternating drives til somebody wins (more or less like an inning of baseball) would be a better option. and Tom Brady is definitely about as GOAT as it gets.

Jackets N Pones

Looking forward to this Rams Pats matchup! I'm just pumped Ramps will be wearing the blue jerseys. Those are SO CLEAN. Have fun everybody.

Computron, your answer to everything.

ericm

I'm going with the Pats to beat the Rams. Something like 34-24.  :beer:

And I'll second the  :thumbsup: on the Rams wearing the cool throwback blue jerseys for this one.  :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: ericm on Feb 02, 2019, 06:33 pm
I'm going with the Pats to beat the Rams. Something like 34-24.  :beer:

And I'll second the  :thumbsup: on the Rams wearing the cool throwback blue jerseys for this one.  :cool:
Well just to have some east coast west coast fun I'll take the Rams 38-20.  :beer:
Rams fans are pissed, they can't get the cool throwback jerseys with the Super Bowl logo on them. The NFL and their great wisdom put out the Navy Blue jersey which the Rams never even wore this season. :grin:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo


ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 03, 2019, 10:36 pm
So boring.


It was pretty snooze worthy. And that's coming from a fan who loves Defensive football. It's great D's I love to watch dominate but I think tonight it was more just good Defense and poor Offense than great D play.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the Rams were doing on O. They went away from what they did all year and what got them to the SB and that was playing fast. They led the league in snapping the ball the fastest once it was spotted for play, and yet they stayed in the huddle forever tonight.

Romo for some reason called that genius but I call it an all time blunder. How is it genius when it only got you three damn points? I think boy wonder got caught up in trying to outsmart BB and instead outsmarted himself and played right into BB's hands. No question BB and the Pats wanted to play keep away/ball control so the Rams couldn't get their O rolling and the Rams O actually helped slow the game down!  :shocked:
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: ericm on Feb 03, 2019, 10:48 pm
Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 03, 2019, 10:36 pm
So boring.


It was pretty snooze worthy. And that's coming from a fan who loves Defensive football. It's great D's I love to watch dominate but I think tonight it was more just good Defense and poor Offense than great D play.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the Rams were doing on O. They went away from what they did all year and what got them to the SB and that was playing fast. They led the league in snapping the ball the fastest once it was spotted for play, and yet they stayed in the huddle forever tonight.

Romo for some reason called that genius but I call it an all time blunder. How is it genius when it only got you three damn points? I think boy wonder got caught up in trying to outsmart BB and instead outsmarted himself and played right into BB's hands. No question BB and the Pats wanted to play keep away/ball control so the Rams couldn't get their O rolling and the Rams O actually helped slow the game down!  :shocked:
My thoughts exactly, get up to the line and hike the damn ball. Never let NE see too much because they have the smartest players on the field. Also the Ram's O Line was getting their asses kicked, give them a bit of advantage if you can. We missed the score big time  :grin:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Feb 03, 2019, 11:47 pm
Quote from: ericm on Feb 03, 2019, 10:48 pm
Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 03, 2019, 10:36 pm
So boring.


It was pretty snooze worthy. And that's coming from a fan who loves Defensive football. It's great D's I love to watch dominate but I think tonight it was more just good Defense and poor Offense than great D play.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the Rams were doing on O. They went away from what they did all year and what got them to the SB and that was playing fast. They led the league in snapping the ball the fastest once it was spotted for play, and yet they stayed in the huddle forever tonight.

Romo for some reason called that genius but I call it an all time blunder. How is it genius when it only got you three damn points? I think boy wonder got caught up in trying to outsmart BB and instead outsmarted himself and played right into BB's hands. No question BB and the Pats wanted to play keep away/ball control so the Rams couldn't get their O rolling and the Rams O actually helped slow the game down!  :shocked:
My thoughts exactly, get up to the line and hike the damn ball. Never let NE see too much because they have the smartest players on the field. Also the Ram's O Line was getting their asses kicked, give them a bit of advantage if you can. We missed the score big time  :grin:


Haha we sure did. In hindsight maybe the really cold snap we had here recently had a silver lining as I was planning on hitting up one of the sports books up north but stayed home instead. I would've had some money on the over.  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"