The Official Happy Birthday Thread

Started by johnnYYac, Nov 29, 2010, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Oy, Happy Birthday to all I missed!!!!

Would also like to wish a collective Happy Birthday to Jerry and Ramblin' Jack Elliott today!!  I sadly never got to see Capt. Trips play with the Dead before he passed.... but I've been fortunate to see Ramblin' Jack once at least  :)

Here's Jack with Woody Guthrie::

And here he is with one Bob Dylan::

:birthdays: :birthdays: :birthdays:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Hippie Birthday, Woody!  See how I did that?

Sorry I missed it (yesterday). 

I hope it was good. 

You're a cool lady and bring great energy to this here forum.  Hope to see you sometime soon.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

GROOVY BABY!!!!  Those jpgs are wild & farrrr-out!!  Thanks so much for the stellar owl-themed birthday greeting!!  :-D  It's been an AWESOME birthday week!!  And one of the more endearing birthday gifts was a good friend of mine who's been on the jammier music kick with me for yearssss bought me an Okonokos dvd!!  It was the sweetest thing ever, as he hasn't sat down and given MMJ the chance they deserve, but he knows how much they mean to me and thought to get me that.... I've got a copy already, but now maybe I can con him in to giving them a listen.... I attempted to hypnotize him yesterday by describing the stage layout in the video, and it seemed to pique his interest, so here's to hoping it will help reel him into the zone!  :beer:

But I couldn't ask for more than to see all the amazing forum folks all week in Pitt and in MD and enjoy some of the summer's best live music with them!!   :D  Glad you caught the Boston show, it sounds like it was pretty f'n sweet!!  Last year's bday mission was Outside Lands, it's been a sweet couple birthdays!  8)

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 16, 2011, 12:06 AM
GROOVY BABY!!!!  Those jpgs are wild & farrrr-out!!  Thanks so much for the stellar owl-themed birthday greeting!!  :-D  It's been an AWESOME birthday week!!  And one of the more endearing birthday gifts was a good friend of mine who's been on the jammier music kick with me for yearssss bought me an Okonokos dvd!!  It was the sweetest thing ever, as he hasn't sat down and given MMJ the chance they deserve, but he knows how much they mean to me and thought to get me that.... I've got a copy already, but now maybe I can con him in to giving them a listen.... I attempted to hypnotize him yesterday by describing the stage layout in the video, and it seemed to pique his interest, so here's to hoping it will help reel him into the zone!  :beer:

But I couldn't ask for more than to see all the amazing forum folks all week in Pitt and in MD and enjoy some of the summer's best live music with them!!   :D  Glad you caught the Boston show, it sounds like it was pretty f'n sweet!!  Last year's bday mission was Outside Lands, it's been a sweet couple birthdays!  8)

Happy birthday Jenn! You should force your friend to watch Okonokos.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 16, 2011, 12:45 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 16, 2011, 12:06 AM

Happy birthday Jenn! You should force your friend to watch Okonokos.
Thank you Sir!!!  That's my plan, actually.... I told him, "why don't I just show you a couple songs from it sometime...."  and if all goes as planned, I start it from the beginning with the classic line, "Oh you have to at least see this beginning part....." and I'm going to hopefully keep it rolling the whole time

Hahah but thanks much though, it was great to finally meet you, and I'll let ya know if I'll be in Pitt for any shows comin up in the future here!  That Medeski, Martin, & Wood sounds lovely as always, and Primus is quite a draw!!.....

Oh and this just in:  I found out today that one of my best friends' boyfriends has a major thing for MMJ and was arguing with her in the car about wanting to play some songs (She wanted to listen to Eddie V's Ukulele songs though, so she gets a free pass for that blunder this time around)  :P  That was awesome to hear though, the bug is spreading out a bit through town!

headhunter

Happy Birthday Ms. Woody.  It was SO nice to see you again at MP and to spend another great MMJ show w you.

If I could, I would -- take you to the ACL YY & I&W show for your bday but since I can't I will just spin Iron & Wine stuff all day in your honor.

Keep on smiling.  :)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Crispy

Happy birthday late, miss nymphy!  :beer: :birthdays: :beer:

I am going to the ACL YY/I&W show, so I'll be thinking of you there.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jon T.

woodnymph

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 16, 2011, 09:37 AM
Happy birthday late, miss nymphy!  :beer: :birthdays: :beer:

I am going to the ACL YY/I&W show, so I'll be thinking of you there.
OR YOU'LL BE SEEING ME THERE!!!  Been crossing my fingers so hard I'm cutting off circulation....... but it's on a Sunday when I'd already be off for work, so I'm thinking of my possibilities here............ I'm thinkin' leave Saturday and drive most of the drive that day, so that there's only a few hours to drive on Sunday... then maybe just take Mon. & Tues. off to finish the drive back home. HMMMM that would only be 3 days off of work...... wheels are spinning!!   :D :D

But thanks you guys for the bday wishes!!!  Jeff I wish you could go too, the fan that you are!!!  If I make it, you can expect some calls so you can listen in (& a souvenir of sorts if they're offering any!)

It was an awesome week before my birthday and as the days roll on they just keep being awesome, thanks again folks!! :-D :-D

tdb810

happy birthday fellow leo!!!  Hope it's a great one :)  :birthdays: :birthdays: :birthdays:
.....Back at the Model Home

woodnymph

Thank you fellow Lioness!!  I was thinking of you when they played Pittsburgh on your bday!  :-*

ALady

Happy birthday, miss lady!  You are one of the greats...hope you enjoyed your day!   :birthdays: :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lil sis

Happy bday, Jenn!  Soooo good to see you again at MPP.  Wish we got some more time together.  Hopefully we will sooner than later.  :beer: :birthdays:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Penny Lane

Happy late birthday, Woody! Sorry I missed you at MPP! Till next time... :birthdays: :birthdays:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

Happy belated birthday, TimberLover!  If I ever make it down to Asheville, we'll have to meet up for a pint, on me  :beer:
We could.

woodnymph

Hey you guys are awesome!!  :-D  Thanks a million for the sweet bday wishes!!!  Wish I could see ya all more often!  Love ya'll!  :-*

woodnymph

Happy Birthday Scotty!!!!  (sorry belatedly!!)  Hope you had a great day yesterday!!!  :D :D

Penny Lane

mjk73

Penny Lane

need to add: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOBSTER!   :birthdays: :birthdays: