Author Topic: The Official Happy Birthday Thread  (Read 128000 times)

LBSUNFLWR

• got that old time feeling
Re: The Official Happy Birthday Thread
« Reply #1320 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Yeah, Hope it's a great one! Happy Birthday, parkervb!!  :drum:

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #1321 on: Feb 27, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Happy Birthday Parkervb  :beer:

many thanks! a year older, a lil wiser and a lil wider, hoping that that the ratio isn't in proportion!

having never been to OBH, I am hoping to make it either next yr (if they have it) or for my 40th. May have to start saving now since I'll have two kids in daycare for next 2.5 years
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

« Reply #1322 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Happy Birthday Parkervb  :beer:

many thanks! a year older, a lil wiser and a lil wider, hoping that that the ratio isn't in proportion!

having never been to OBH, I am hoping to make it either next yr (if they have it) or for my 40th. May have to start saving now since I'll have two kids in daycare for next 2.5 years

Happy birthday buddy!  I'm looking forward to seeing you at some point later in the year.  And after seeing your statement above, in the DR next year also is now a priority....... missing this OBH is paining me so let's hope for a summer announcement regarding 2019.

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #1323 on: Mar 23, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Happy Birthday Sillyboob!  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

« Reply #1324 on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Happy Birthday Sillyboob!  :beer:

Thank you!!!
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #1325 on: Apr 01, 2018, 10:05 PM »
Happy Birthday Crispy and RobRoy  :beer:

Crispy

• Tell Dave Trombone I said hi
« Reply #1326 on: Apr 02, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Happy Birthday Crispy and RobRoy  :beer:

Thanks, man!  :beer: :beer: :beer:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #1327 on: Apr 08, 2018, 12:34 AM »
Happy Birthday Justin  :beer:

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Happy Birthday johnnYYac and iLikeBeer!!!

We all love you!!!

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Happy Birthday johnnYYac and iLikeBeer!!!

We all love you!!!
I second this. Hope you both got hi-resolution OBH4 downloads for your birthday. :beer:

iLikeBeer

• As you live and learn, dig and be dug in return.
« Reply #1330 on: May 20, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Thanks guys!!!   :beer:

Happy belated birthday John!!! 

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday.  I was camping all weekend with the family and was at Cedar Point all day yesterday with my 3 daughters (wife hates roller coasters). 

Cheers man!!!   :beer:

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1331 on: May 22, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Missing Bluesky on her birthday, Happy Birthday wherever you are, Bluesky!!!

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1332 on: May 29, 2018, 09:28 PM »
Happy Birthday midwesterner!

Also, Happy Birthday TheThird (We miss you around here)!

Lonndown27

« Reply #1333 on: Jun 10, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Let's all tell this beautiful man RKWEDGE how much we love him and his existence on this earth.

I love you man you've been an amazing friend

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BROTHA
 :beer:
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015 + 12/29/2017 + 12/30/2017 +    12/31/2017

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1334 on: Jun 10, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Happy Birthday rkwedge!

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #1335 on: Jun 11, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Thanks, I had a great day.

MamaKel

« Reply #1336 on: Jun 12, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Happy 40th Birthday to Aaron Todovich...

I wrote this piece in memory of him. Hope is in peace, wherever he is...

"He was a sweet soul...he always seemed a little but older than me...always knew a little bit more than me...but no matter how much you told him how special he was, he could never quite hear it. And like so many people like that, he chose to leave this world...and you can't hardly blame him because this world can be a really hard place."

I never knew Aaron David Todovich. But he changed my life. Today would be his 40th birthday.

I remember watching the My Morning Jacket episode of Storytellers in my living room in June of 2011. I'll never forget the tangible shift in energy~ from the wistful nostalgia of the band's earlier recordings, to the bowed, hushed reverence as the elephant entered the room. I watched my musical heroes shield their faces from the cameras as they wiped away tears...heads hung...the posture assumed by the sorrow that never quite leaves your soul. The sorrow known only to soldiers on the battlefield who have lost a brother-in-arms. And there was a kind of echo deep in my soul that knew that same sorrow from childhood...having absorbed, in the way children who have not yet learned to speak do, the pain of my parents, dealing with the fallout of 2 adolescent suicides. And I knew it all too personally, from the images in my own brain that surfaced when I did not have the tools to cope with life as such a sensitive being. I saw in each member of the band, the hurt of the left behind, and saw, too, the same pain genetically etched upon a generation of my family.

As all great art is a mirror, I finally came to comprehend the trauma and suffering I could have caused if I had been successful in making the irreparable choice to do the same. To choose a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There have been so many times in life that leaving this world seemed the only escape. Where the only fitting reaction to the violence in the world was self-inflicted injury...cut out the middle man. This is not an overdramatization. It is a calling out of my own illusions.  It is an acknowledgement that there are so many among us who suffer in silence, believing ourselves unworthy of a painless life. The guilt, the shame, and the fear preside over the soul as judge, jury, and executioner.  There is such a deep disconnect between the world that is possible, and the world that is, that not even cognitive dissonance can shield us from how disheartening it can be to be a spiritual being existing in the material world.

Witnessing that episode of Storytellers changed me because I had no idea how much pain I had carried with me throughout my life. I had no idea of the pain to follow...and how many times I would feel the shadow of the grim reaper, like an ominous cloud, veiling my perspective.  I had no idea that the ghosts that felt like playmates in my youth, would haunt me in adulthood.

But somehow, Aaron Todovich become a spirit guide...advising me...that it's a bad idea to go down to the pier by myself after dark...that I needn't walk down the alleys of the mind that drop off into the dangerous vacuum of emptiness. He showed me that psychotropic and mind-altering substances, even when prescribed, can bring an indescribable numbness to the soul...whereby all that is precious and holy in this world becomes devoid of meaning, and the fragility of life, an abstraction. More than anything, he taught me to ask for help. To become vulnerable...to trust...to soften. To let my sensitivity be a blessing that connects, and not a curse that isolates. He taught me that humility is not hatred of the self, but a deep acknowledgement of it. And that paranoia/distrust always take the shape of my wounds.

I was a really sick and sad person when I came to know the soul that inspired "Dondante". Even though I never knew it. But every time I listened to the ambient, sinewy, coiling ghosts make way to that gutteral and anguished rage, I could feel the walls collapse, and in the rubble lay all that was dormant and unfelt inside me. And I had to do the work of sifting through the remnants of so many complex and nuanced emotions, but letting in the dark enabled me to finally commit to a path of healing, and ultimately to a state of gentle, non-judgemental self-inquiry.

And that is how this sweet, holy ghost became one of the best friends I have ever had. His pain was enough to teach me. Yet it is not in his martyrdom, but in his humanity that the truth of his spirit remains. And I hope his mother finds comfort knowing that although her son could not be comforted in this life, that he continues to save souls from the other side.

God bless you, Aaron David Todovich. Happy Birthday.  I hope the vision of heaven is real.
I hope in some other universe, you and Jim and Dave and Pat and Alex and the whole gang are playing music together.

APR

« Reply #1337 on: Jun 12, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Wow MamaKel!  That was deep and heavy, and I'm glad I read it all.  Good for you Kel for doing the work, spreading positivity, getting help, being kind, and hopefully happy too as much as possible, being inspired by great art, and being a great writer too.  MMJ should be proud to have nice and thoughtful fans like you. 

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1338 on: Jun 14, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Happy Birthday davymac!

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
« Reply #1339 on: Jun 16, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Happy Birthday, Soulshine!

I'll be in Colorado next week. Maybe we'll run into each other.
Close enough!