2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Season!

Started by Tracy_3000, Nov 08, 2010, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

capt. scotty

Pitt and their ugly cheerleading squad tip off the Coaches vs Cancer tourney tonight.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CTdeadhead

Ruckus

Bruce Weber's 1st real huge recruiting class coming in along with all 5 key players coming back means happy time for the Illini.  I think we may surprise and hang with OSU, MSU and Purdue this year.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteBruce Weber's 1st real huge recruiting class coming in along with all 5 key players coming back means happy time for the Illini.  I think we may surprise and hang with OSU, MSU and Purdue this year.

Purdue...Hummel blew out his knew again, ouch.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

QuoteBruce Weber's 1st real huge recruiting class coming in along with all 5 key players coming back means happy time for the Illini.  I think we may surprise and hang with OSU, MSU and Purdue this year.

Is OSU going to be a legit threat having to replace a guy like Turner?

I'm not counting on much from the Wolverines having to replace by far their 2 best players in Sims and Harris.  The only thing I can hope for is that they develop a better chemistry among the team than they had last year and some of their guards find their long range touch that seemed to dessert them last season.

capt. scotty

Theyre ranked 4th and 5th in the preseason polls...Buford, Lighty, and Diebler all back, but more importantly they had a great recruiting class (ranked #2 by ESPN) led by the #1 recruit in the country Jared Sullinger and another McD AA Deshaun Thomas

iLikeBeer

Theyre ranked 4th and 5th in the preseason polls...Buford, Lighty, and Diebler all back, but more importantly they had a great recruiting class (ranked #2 by ESPN) led by the #1 recruit in the country Jared Sullinger and another McD AA Deshaun Thomas

Ugh.  Oh how I hate Ohio State...

Ruckus

Best news ever!
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/2884236,CST-SPT-ob11.article

BH

Best news ever!

Ouch, might be some tough stretches in the border war over the next few years.  

We are looking pretty deep again this year too.   Over the last several years the Mike Anderson system has outperformed expectations by a long margin, and we are actually ranked 15th to start this season, so I guess that means we are on our way to the final four this year! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Best news ever!

Ouch, might be some tough stretches in the border war over the next few years.  

We are looking pretty deep again this year too.   Over the last several years the Mike Anderson system has outperformed expectations by a long margin, and we are actually ranked 15th to start this season, so I guess that means we are on our way to the final four this year! :)
Braggin' Rights game is over before it even happens!  ILL INI

Penny Lane

Go Thad Matta! I'm excited about this year.

I'm already starting to pay attention since football's kinda over for me. (that's for a different thread)

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

QuoteGo Thad Matta! I'm excited about this year.

I'm already starting to pay attention since football's kinda over for me. (that's for a different thread)

Jusr waiting for an OSU investigation and the sanctions to come ::)

capt. scotty

QuoteGo Thad Matta! I'm excited about this year.

what you talkin bout?! you got the penn state cougars this weekend!!

Tracy 3000

Ruckus, enjoying watching Demetri McCamey play against Texas tonight. I've been a closet Illini fan since 89     ;)
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus, enjoying watching Demetri McCamey play against Texas tonight. I've been a closet Illini fan since 89     ;)
Explain please.  I loved the Flyin' Illini 7 years before I randomly ended up there.  Man that was a brutal loss.  I'm glad we played our freshman in crunch time.  It'll pay off later.  I won't get into... >:( >:( >:( >:(

BH

QuoteRuckus, enjoying watching Demetri McCamey play against Texas tonight. I've been a closet Illini fan since 89     ;)
Explain please.  I loved the Flyin' Illini 7 years before I randomly ended up there.  Man that was a brutal loss.  I'm glad we played our freshman in crunch time.  It'll pay off later.  I won't get into... >:( >:( >:( >:(

It's easy to shake off early season basketball losses.  Kudos to Illinois for scheduling a big opponent.   I guess the Big 12 (10) was just to much for your Big 10 (12) team.

;)

(We'll see if you text me again.   As you found out, if I'm drinking and watching sports, I'll text your fingers off.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

It's easy to shake off early season basketball losses.  Kudos to Illinois for scheduling a big opponent.   I guess the Big 12 (10) was just to much for your Big 10 (12) team.

;)

(We'll see if you text me again.   As you found out, if I'm drinking and watching sports, I'll text your fingers off.)
You weren't the only one drinkin'.  I did tell you I missed you :-* ;D

capt. scotty

Bruce Pearl getting suspended for 8 conference games, and being able to coach a game sandwiched in there vs UConn, seems like an odd and pretty weak suspension, especially since they play Pitt, Memphis, and USC before the conference season and both games against Kentucky are after his suspension is done.

Ruckus

The guy is good, damn good.  I watched the Duke/MSU game and I saw the truth.  That said, if I have to listen to Dickie V go on and on about[highlight] Kyrie Irving[/highlight] as well as the fuckin' Plumlees, Nolan Smith and Kyle Singler all year...Just you watch it ESPN (waves Mutombo finger).

Illinois handled Gonzaga rather handily in Seattle yesterday.  Makes me happy.  Our weaknesses are glaring but we are a veteran team that will do fine if we hit our threes.  Just a horrible defensive rebounding team.