2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Season!

Started by Tracy_3000, Nov 08, 2010, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 04, 2011, 09:36 AM
There is an interesting article from a former BYU student, maybe ball player (can't remember) on deadspin about this.  Basically stating how Davies is being used to advace (BYU's) agenda/reputation.  It says how premarital sex is obviously forbidden by their honor code but not really dealt with this harshly.  And that the publicity BYU gets by suspending Davies (by looking like a school that is unwilling to waver from its fundamental principles) is worth a hell of a lot more to them than any final four run could be.

Not so sure I agree with that last statement, but I also heard that the only athletes to get dismissed for violating the code the last few years were minorities (blacks). Maybe BYU has some sort of double standard going on?

Also, Davies was raised in Provo so clearly he knew about all this stuff for awhile and thought he could abide by it/not get snitched out. Sucks to get dismissed for it. Are you trying to tell me that the Jimmer isnt swimming in the P up there?! Get real. I really wanted to see what BYU did in the tourney once they started playing the big boys. I can still see them making an Elite 8 run but no way they go further.

....Ive watched more pre-conference tourney college bball this year than probably the last few years combined, so cant wait for the madness to begin. Id be talking about it more, but dont want to give away who I like in the brackets  :-X
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

The Big East Tournament. 2nd only to the Big Dance.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 09, 2011, 11:39 PM
The Big East Tournament. 2nd only to the Big Dance.
In level of play or number of paid off referees?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jaimoe

capt. scotty

Been watching pretty much every Big East tourney game since Wednesday, a few blowouts, but mostly good stuff. Im surprised LVille was able to beat ND last night, Im rooting for Kemba and the Huskies to pull off the 5 day run to win the Big East. I think its easy to say the SJ/Rutgers game was fixed since it finished a half point under the O/U, but the fact that really all 3 refs wouldve had to been in on it makes me think otherwise.

It wasnt the prettiest game, but seeing Penn St beat Wisconsin last night was the most excited Ive been during a college bball game in awhile. Basically everyone was saying we needed to beat them last night to get in, now that they did that, they better fuckin put us in!!! We beat Wisconsin twice, Mich St, Illini, barely lost to OSU..I think as the 6th best team in the Big 10, we deserve in over the 4th-5th in the ACC or Pac10. Have 4 seniors whove never had a chance to dance, put em in. Talor Battle got hosed on not being 1st team all Big10 as well. 2nd in the league in pts, clear leader on his team. Sullinger, Jajuan Johnson, and Jordan Taylor were all locks, but Leuer just seemed to put up numbers against the crap teams, and I think Etwuan Moore made it because of 1 game. Battle's only the 3rd player in NCAA history and 1st in the Big10 to have over 2000pts, 600reb, 500ast. Dude is mad underrated.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

peafunk31

Homer no function beer well without.

Ruckus

I LOVE THE TOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO ILLINI! :D :D :D :D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MMJ_fanatic

Congratulations to my UCONN Huskies on their #3--go team! :thumbsup:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jaimoe

The final was torture and I was really looking forward to this matchup too. Man, this ranks as one of the least entertaining finals I've witnessed in 30+ years of watching this tourney.

Howard shot whatever slim chance he had to make the pros in the foot. It looked at times that he didn't want the ball and the guards did their best not to pass it to him. My Sir John A. MacDonald $10 bill will be mailed out to the winner. Please PM your address.

BH

It ended with a fizzle for sure, but I think I may have been the only one in the country who thought that was one of the most entertaining first halves of basketball ever.  I've never seen so much defensive intensity from all 10 guys on the floor in a college basketball game.   I like defense and this game showed it at it's best.   Yes, there were lots of missed layups as well, but I just loved watching how well coached Butler was on both sides of the ball.   Every player was in the right position 100% of the time.   They couldn't shoot, but what a "team" they were.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 2112

What about a Championship series? Best 2 out of 3? I'd look forward to seeing how Butler would react on, lets say, Thursday night. And then a championship game to take all, tied 1-1 on Sunday night?

They do it in the pros and they do it in college baseball.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.