The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Thought I'd start a new thread seeing as there's been lots of talk about different TV shows recently...

I just finished watching the 5th series of Curb Your Enthusiasm, quite possibly the best yet. The Larry David sandwich, the bingo episode, the big vagina & the Korean bookie were all hilarious! Anyone else seen these?

I just got Boston Legal & the 3rd series of Arrested Development in the mail today, looking forward to watching those.

I've also been watching some old episodes of Family Guy too, never get tired of that show!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Tree

yeah Family Guy is the best show i´ve seen for years!

Coltrane

yes!! Curb is fucking amazing. "Wide Vagina!" The best is when he's on his death bed and tells Jeff to come closer, that he has something very important to tell him....then tells him he uses to much mayo in his tuna....ha!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

BH

That is classic!   The way the season ended, I thought for sure it was going to be the last one, but I just heard they are starting to shoot Season 6!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

marktwain

QuoteThat is classic!   The way the season ended, I thought for sure it was going to be the last one, but I just heard they are starting to shoot Season 6!

That's good news - I thought I had just seen the final episode.  I just saw the season finale of Carnivale, too.  I wish that show hadn't been killed.

Other current favorites (Thanks, Netflix!):
the Boondocks
Entourage
the Wire

BH

That's good news - I thought I had just seen the final episode.  I just saw the season finale of Carnivale, too.  I wish that show hadn't been killed.

Oh Yes!  Season Two was unbelievable.  I don't think I have ever been more dissapointed in a show being canceled.  Me and a friend of mine would talk forever on theories and try to predict where is was going.  What great mystery that show had.  I can't believe more people didn't watch that show. :(
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

Just got season 2 of Carnivale on DVD.

I still don't get why they cancelled the show. It doesn't make any sense. How are all the "questions answered" when Ben and Justin are still alive?

At any rate, watching the final episode made me sad. It was such a fucking awesome show.

ManNamedTruth

Other current favorites (Thanks, Netflix!):
the Boondocks
Entourage
the Wire

The Boondocks is great. Love that Uncle Ruckus(no relation)!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

QuoteThat is classic!   The way the season ended, I thought for sure it was going to be the last one, but I just heard they are starting to shoot Season 6!
Cheers BH, that's great news. I too thought that maybe 5 would be the last.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MMJ_fanatic

TV is bad for your brain ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

I have to concur Fanatic...TV taught me everything I know!

FarmerYoda

I really only watch Scrubs and Curb your Enthusiasm... the occassional senifeld, maybe...
But recently I've been REALLY into Project Runway - i watched one episode and I was immediately hooked. It's sort of a guilty pleasure, i'll admit it, since it is a reality show... but hey...

I used to watch Family Guy sunday nights, but this recent season has been "pushin' 'it" for me... it just seems like they're constantly trying to get as close as they can to crossing the line of what can be seen on television.
I don't know

ali

scrubs is good, but on really late here... getting a bit addicted to grey's anatomy (as a very sad replacement for my own non-existent social life at the moment).

other goodies:
watched my first episode of "extras" - the one with kate winslet. the first half was a bit slow, but i was almost on the floor by the end of it.
lost - kind of missed most of the second series, but what i saw was good
and still my all-time favourite - any crime (forensic, police, whatever) drama made by the BBC!

they cancelled carnivale?? nooooooooooo.....
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Jellyfish

Most of those shows mentioned I have never heard of...ceptin Family Guy,which is hilarious.Still watching That 70's Show reruns.Not much on all this reality TV at all...I just don't get the appeal.

Now if they had a MMJ reality show...living with Jim while on tour or somefin...that I would love!  
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

Lots of talk about Family Guy...did anyone like American Dad?
I bought the first series on DVD & was really disappointed. It just wasn't funny.
I'm looking forward to Series 7 of King Of The Hill & the next Seinfeld boxset, which I read will both be out for Xmas.
Only 113 shopping days to go!  :o

red

Nothing will top Arrested Development and the Office (UK) for me.  Curb comes really close, and I'm really curious to see how amazing Season 2 of Extras is going to be.

dragonboy

Quoteand still my all-time favourite - any crime (forensic, police, whatever) drama made by the BBC!
Hey Ali, have you seen A Touch Of Frost with the excellent David Jason (The Darling Buds Of May - another of my TV favs)

ali

i think i might have seen most english crime programs.... definitely seen a touch of frost. i remember seeing david jason in open all hours with ronnie barker when i was growing up... plus i always loved dangermouse too. i've seen maybe an episode or two of darling buds, just enough to remember catherine zeta-jones' big hair...

ahh... brings back good memories of the wombles, the goodies etc etc

;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

I just bought a 20 disc box set of A Touch Of Frost. It was reduced from 100something pounds to 50something pounds.
I love David Jason!!!
Haha, Open All Hours! What about Only Fools & Horses?

The Wombles, The Goodies...now we're talking! Did you get Fingermouse? Bod? Chorton & The Wheelies? Classic TV  ;D

SMc55

My favourite TV could really go into the 'confessions' thread. I never miss University Challenge if I can help it. I'd tape it if I knew how to work the machine  :-/

I also love
CSI (Vegas and Miami - can't get into New York)
The Office
I'm Alan Partridge
Malcolm in the Middle - really sad when it ended
24 ("the only reason you're still conscious is I don't want to carry you" - classic!)
Lost

I don't watch any soaps, which puts me at a disadvantage in some conversations, and I don't like medical dramas.

I watched the first two episodes of Arrested Development last night - I think I'm going to like it. Certainly going to keep watching.

Does anybody remember a programme called Bakersfield PD? I loved that but I think they only did one series.