The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

The series finale of Six Feet Under could be the greatest series finale ever.  It was so moving.  The very end was perfection.

Sopranos is terrific.  You have a lot of fun hours to put in LBSUN.

For those fans of these types of quality dramas, I would add The Night Of to your must see list if you haven't seen it yet.  It is also outstanding!

LBSUNFLWR

We loved The Night Of. Loved.

And I've been watching The Leftovers since it started too. Weird and unique show.

I did not like West World though. I watched the whole season. Could not get into it. Thought it was ridiculous. 

LBSUNFLWR

Yes, last episode of Six Feet Under was the best finale to any show ever!!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 29, 2017, 10:05 PM
Hoping Nicole Kidman kills her husband!!
But I have a feeling it'll be more unexpected than that. 

I have had a thought that Nicole's husband is the one who attacked Jane and is Ziggy's father.
And Nicole tells Jane about her situation. Then Jane shoots the abusive husband.

pretty close! :)

great show, loved the finale.

rkwedge

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 03, 2017, 04:05 PM

I have had a thought that Nicole's husband is the one who attacked Jane and is Ziggy's father.
And Nicole tells Jane about her situation. Then Jane shoots the abusive husband.

While watching it I thought you were spot on. Very cool show indeed!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 03, 2017, 06:03 PM

While watching it I thought you were spot on. Very cool show indeed!

spoiler alert?
Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

yeah, don't read this if you haven't seen the show and plan to. :)
little late for that.

I think anyone interested should watch it though. This show was way better than expected. Wish it wasn't over so fast...

parkervb

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 04, 2017, 09:32 AM
yeah, don't read this if you haven't seen the show and plan to. :)
little late for that.

I think anyone interested should watch it though. This show was way better than expected. Wish it wasn't over so fast...

no worries, by the time I get around to watching it, I will have long forgotten about this. We're into the current seasons of The Americans and Billions.

APR

Yes a great finale.  Kidman should win an award (Golden Globe, Emmy, whatever) for her acting.  The only reason why I'm glad the series is over is that I won't have a problem fitting in Better Call Saul.

parkervb

Better Call Saul is back tonight!

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 10, 2017, 04:52 PM

I'm caught up.  And maybe I'm dense, but I'm blanking on how/when Mike got that thing in that other car's gas cap.  And who the person was and how that person knew to track him back in the end of season 1.

parkervb

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Quote from: APR on Apr 20, 2017, 11:27 AM

I'm caught up.  And maybe I'm dense, but I'm blanking on how/when Mike got that thing in that other car's gas cap.  And who the person was and how that person knew to track him back in the end of season 1.

he didn't get the tracker into the other car's gascap, he put the tracker he got from his black market guy in the gascap and drew them into picking it up by draining the battery on the one and then he tracked them. Then he left the tracker they replaced it with at his house so they wouldn't know he was following them. And they met up with their contact and gave him the gascap they grabbed from Mike's car and that's how he tracked him.

As far as who and how that person knew to track him at end of S1, I think we'll be learning that in the next few episodes.

Man, was the end of the last episode sad for Jimmy.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 20, 2017, 12:21 PM
CONTAINS SPOILERS

Quote from: APR on Apr 20, 2017, 11:27 AM

he didn't get the tracker into the other car's gascap, he put the tracker he got from his black market guy in the gascap and drew them into picking it up by draining the battery on the one and then he tracked them. Then he left the tracker they replaced it with at his house so they wouldn't know he was following them. And they met up with their contact and gave him the gascap they grabbed from Mike's car and that's how he tracked him.

As far as who and how that person knew to track him at end of S1, I think we'll be learning that in the next few episodes.

Man, was the end of the last episode sad for Jimmy.

Thanks Parker.  Attention during that show is key.  I remember they changed out the tracker in his gas cap late at night while Mike was watching them.   Mike left the new one at his house when he went out to follow them.  I couldn't remember where they put the drained one or how it got charged up to allow for Mike to track them.
Poor Jimmy indeed.  I'm sure we'll see how he gets back at Chuck soon in addition to all the mystery surrounding the guy Mike is following all around.

beardedwonder

Hmm, I slow binged the Wire a few years back but kept waiting for it to captivate me. It was good, very good for its day, but not something I recommend over todays availability. Six Feet Under however is definitely a series to watch anytime IMHO.

My favorite shows (with more than 1 series) of the past few years ranked:
1) BLACK MIRROR - hands down my favorite series of all time
2) The Americans - twists galore and I def dig the era.
3) Breaking Bad - pure badassery
4) Marco Polo - quality all around. nothing else like it that Im aware of
5) BoJack Horseman - my kind of humor
6) Fargo - unique

Looking forward to Better Call Saul Season 2, Narcos season 2 and Westworld season 2.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

sillyboob

Black Mirror is such a great show.  It's a twisted vision of the very near future, that just might come true.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

parkervb

what is about The Wire that doesn't hold up since "it was good for its day"? I just think that's an interesting way to put it. The Americans is a show that I might say is hardly "captivating"....it's very deliberate & leaves a lot of space b/t the lines but I do think it's the best drama on TV right now.

Signed,
Overly Defensive Fan of The Wire

lol

LBSUNFLWR

Yeah, Fans of The Wire unite! (and take over)

The Leftovers is as confusing as ever so far this season...but I love it!

beardedwonder

To me, The Wire is a long episode of tv crime drama X that is currently in rotation. I had expected a lot more due to al the hype because I was a late late adopter. I can see why people liked it at the time but it felt like I had already seen it all by the time I got to it.

The Americans is not captivating. It's just fun and is using a plot and time period that I don't often see.

I need to give the Leftovers another chance.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

LBSUNFLWR

Leftovers is out there for sure but I really like it. The 3rd season just started and will be the last season, so it'll be an easy one to watch all at once...and possibly even less confusing to watch that way.

If you could follow along and "get" Westworld then you'll be fine following The Leftovers.
I did not enjoy West World, might not even watch Season 2.

beardedwonder

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 24, 2017, 12:10 PM
If you could follow along and "get" Westworld then you'll be fine following The Leftovers.
I did not enjoy West World, might not even watch Season 2.

This is likely to be quite true. I did rewatch season 1 of WW to get a whole new perspective err comprehension.  :wink: