The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

Quote from: beardedwonder on Apr 24, 2017, 03:45 PM
To me it's NYPD Blue with more character development.
bearded, did you watch NYPD Blue when it was on?  or see it in syndication?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Jackets N Pones

So sad Vice Principals is over. What a fun ride. Walton Goggins is the man. The music is also fantastic.:grin: :cry::thumbsup:
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

The Americans is close to wrapping up and it's final season has been quite good.

Billions might be my favorite show since Breaking Bad.

Westworld has been ok so far this season, but I'm optimistic it will pick up in next few weeks as we learn more about Delos/The Main In Black.
Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Barry is excellent

dookie shoot bandit

Just binged the first 5 episodes of Yellowstone to catch up

Good show  :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

Anybody watching Sharp Objects?
Creepy AF.

parkervb

Succession.

It's like Arrested Development mixed with Wall Street, the movie.

Jackets N Pones

Succession!!!

#gregtheegggggggggggggg

APR

About time to cue up the season finale of the best TV show going, Better Call Saul. 

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Oct 08, 2018, 11:33 PM
About time to cue up the season finale of the best TV show going, Better Call Saul. 

not my favorite ep of the season (so many good ones), but a very solid ending to the best season they've had.

Jackets N Pones

Red Oaks on Amazon Prime is a wonderful combination between Caddyshack and The Graduate. Soundtrack is excellent and it will also make you want to play some TENNIS

Also the Sandler Comedy Special on Netflix is funny

Also Bodyguard on Netflix starring Robb Stark

APR

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Nov 14, 2018, 08:06 PM
Red Oaks on Amazon Prime is a wonderful combination between Caddyshack and The Graduate. Soundtrack is excellent and it will also make you want to play some TENNIS

I saw season 1 of Red Oaks but felt it went downhill quickly so I gave up on it.

Check out Big Mouth.  It's hilarious.

jttouch2

Quote from: APR on Nov 14, 2018, 10:15 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Nov 14, 2018, 08:06 PM

I saw season 1 of Red Oaks but felt it went downhill quickly so I gave up on it.

Check out Big Mouth.  It's hilarious.
Big Mouth is AWESOME. Absolutely killer cast

Come Closer

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 09, 2018, 09:28 AM

not my favorite ep of the season (so many good ones), but a very solid ending to the best season they've had.

Ya think? I dunno, I didn't find it as entertaining. Part of it is McKean being gone, but also the storylines just felt dull some of the time.

parkervb

Quote from: Osistheones on Nov 15, 2018, 12:58 PM

Ya think? I dunno, I didn't find it as entertaining. Part of it is McKean being gone, but also the storylines just felt dull some of the time.

from top to bottom, best season they had. The only qualms I have with it were related to them essentially dropping the Nacho storyline for big portions of the season. The Hummel Caper was exceptional, the Breaking Bad flash fwds, the Huell scam, the overall acting performances from Odenkirk and Butcher (she deserves an Emmy), the direction in Something Stupid...I loved it.

I get the point about McKean, for sure. He and Jimmy's relationship was so key to the first 3 seasons. Him and Odenkirk together is fantastic, my favorite ep might be Chicanery from last season where Jimmy confronts him in the court room over his condition.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 15, 2018, 03:21 PM
Quote from: Osistheones on Nov 15, 2018, 12:58 PM

from top to bottom, best season they had. The only qualms I have with it were related to them essentially dropping the Nacho storyline for big portions of the season. The Hummel Caper was exceptional, the Breaking Bad flash fwds, the Huell scam, the overall acting performances from Odenkirk and Butcher (she deserves an Emmy), the direction in Something Stupid...I loved it.

I get the point about McKean, for sure. He and Jimmy's relationship was so key to the first 3 seasons. Him and Odenkirk together is fantastic, my favorite ep might be Chicanery from last season where Jimmy confronts him in the court room over his condition.

Man you have a great memory even including the episode titles.  I loved this season and thought it was the best yet and at the same level of quality as the best of Breaking Bad. 

I loved the capers.  While they were dominating an episode or two I was a little bummed that they were not getting to the main plot/characters and moving the story along, but then I snapped to and realized it didn't matter because it was so superb.  My nitpick would also be not enough Nacho.  But with Jimmy and Kim Wexler being so great, it there was less of them I'd want more of them. 

Gus had the greatest expression ever when he realized he could keep Hector in the condition he was in.  When he ordered the doctor to stop the treatment and had that look in his eyes..... so evil and so content at the same time. 

parkervb

i remembered Chcanery but had to use a wiki for the Something Stupid ep name.

ericm

Deadwood movie in the works with all the main characters on board!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Can't wait.  :smiley:
"Where's Jim going?"

Jackets N Pones

Jon Bernthal as Punisher on Netflix is badass

APR

After Life on Netflix.  If you're in the mood for something heavy, emotional, funny, mean, sad..... this show has it all.

If you like Ricky Gervais, then you will definitely like this show!