The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

Quoteand I don't like medical dramas.

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but really enjoyed House, M.D.
Mainly because Hugh Laurie rules.

Catching up on Lost (season one) and The Sopranos (season two). Yes, I'm behind schedule.

Chills

QuoteMy favourite TV could really go into the 'confessions' thread. I never miss University Challenge if I can help it. I'd tape it if I knew how to work the machine  :-/

Great. How many answers do you know each episode?
Me? About three or four, on a good day  :-/

"The next round of questions are on the nutritional habits of plants."  Gotta love it.

SMc55

Occasionally I do really well, then sometimes I get hardly any. I love the diversity, and I think Paxman does a great job...."Come on!"

SMc55

I've only seen a couple of episodes, but really enjoyed House, M.D.
Mainly because Hugh Laurie rules.
He certainly does, but I can't stop thinking of him as Bertie Wooster! Did you see any of that Chills?

I wonder how Hugh Laurie's American accent sounds to real Americans. Is it convincing?

dragonboy

QuoteI never miss University Challenge if I can help it. I'd tape it if I knew how to work the machine  :-/
Is that the show where everyone asks for a P?
'I'll have a P please Bob!' Yer I love that show too!  ;) ;) ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SMc55

Is that the show where everyone asks for a P?
'I'll have a P please Bob!' Yer I love that show too!  ;) ;) ;)
LOL!!!

dragonboy

Here's another one for you Doc:

I challenge you to look at this pic & not spend the rest of the day singing 'The super-match game, super-match game!'
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

HAHA look at Terry's hair!!!  ;D

SMc55

He has the same style now, there's just less of it. That show went downhill when Lily Savage took over. Can a show that cost 30 bob a week to produce go downhill, I wonder?

Now this is what I call a quizmaster

dragonboy

Lily Savage?!! In the words of Mark & Lard FMH!

HAHA I've just noticed what it says in your pic!!! LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Jellyfish

24 ("the only reason you're still conscious is I don't want to carry you" - classic!).

Pure gold...Jack Bauer rules!!! I can't wait for the new season.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

QuotePure gold...Jack Bauer rules!!!
Yer seriously, I loved Lost Boys & Stand By Me but who ever would have thought that Donald's boy would play such a bad-ass?!!

Jellyfish

Yer seriously, I loved Lost Boys & Stand By Me but who ever would have thought that Donald's boy would play such a bad-ass?!!

I haven't seen it yet but his new movie "The Sentinel" looks like a similar role.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

QuoteI haven't seen it yet but his new movie "The Sentinel" looks like a similar role.
Hadn't heard of that one, checked on IMD...forgot all about this 'Brat-Pack' classic:

SMc55

QuoteLily Savage?!! In the words of Mark & Lard FMH!

HAHA I've just noticed what it says in your pic!!! LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Didn't spot it till after I posted it. Outstanding!!!

CC

i'm in the middle of scrubs S3, deadwood S1, carnivale S2, CYE S5.

can also recommend 'Profit', a brilliant, dark series about a loveable asshole.

recently bought the first 2 seasons of 'Spaced' and 'Peep Show'. anyone seen those?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187664/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387764/

SMc55

Spaced has that guy from Shaun of the Dead, right?
If that's the one it's really good.

dragonboy

QuoteDidn't spot it till after I posted it. Outstanding!!!
If what you say is true Doc, then that's at least 10 gold runs right there!  ;D

dragonboy

Quoterecently bought the first 2 seasons of 'Spaced' and 'Peep Show'. anyone seen those?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187664/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387764/
Yer I love Spaced...isn't there an ultimate edition coming soon? Hold on...

dragonboy