The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

The Orville is a great show, especially for those who are Star Trek fans.  It is like an alternate universe of Star Trek but with a lot more humor.  The show has a lot of heart and explores other themes that weren't really covered in Star Trek.
Hopefully now that it is on Hulu and Disney, it will get a bigger audience.

ChiefOKONO

ANDOR is awesome!

Great acting, writing, pacing, action!  To me, I believe it is the best Star Wars show so far and some of the best Star Wars since the original trilogy.  Highly recommend this one and am really looking forward to season 2!

ChiefOKONO

White Lotus s2 was really great, and crazy.  What a wild ending!  It was renewed so I am very curious to see where they go next!

LBSUNFLWR

I loved White Lotus Season 2. Crazy ending for sure.

I already can't wait to see next season.

LBSUNFLWR

We are also watching Succession.
We quickly got through the first two seasons and are into Season 3.

Also really well done.

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 17, 2022, 10:25 PMWe are also watching Succession.
We quickly got through the first two seasons and are into Season 3.

Also really well done.

Succession is a real fun watch.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ChiefOKONO

Just finished Succession S2.  So Great!!!  Looking forward to more.

I am also wondering for White Lotus if they will bring anyone back for the next season.   It will be intriguing to see what happens!

LBSUNFLWR

I'm hoping for White Lotus they bring back the two couples who were vacationing together. They made mention of going to The Maldives next trip.

Also I'm curious to see what happens with Tanya's husband, Greg, and we know he'll have plenty of money to travel with.

I also really liked Tanya's assistant. Maybe she'll resurface.

ChiefOKONO

Great points... It's going to be interesting that's for sure!

Finished Succession s3 and boy was that a rollercoaster!  Can't wait for the next one!

Jackets N Pones

Succession is hands down my favorite show on tv right now! Here is a Succession rap parody I made a couple years ago before an SMU TCU game, which Pones won obviously. Can't wait for Season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aVKIGXgdcM
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ChiefOKONO

Nice job!  Do we have a s4 release date yet?

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jan 06, 2023, 07:16 PMSuccession is hands down my favorite show on tv right now! Here is a Succession rap parody I made a couple years ago before an SMU TCU game, which Pones won obviously. Can't wait for Season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aVKIGXgdcM

LBSUNFLWR

We just watched all of Season 1 of The Bear.

I really loved it.  <3

ericm

Jacket getting some love again during FOX NFL Playoff games. This year I've heard I'm Amazed, Circuital, and just now OBH when heading to commercial.  :thumbsup:   :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

ChiefOKONO

That is pretty cool ericm!  Still surprises me to hear about this stuff!

Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2023, 07:44 PMJacket getting some love again during FOX NFL Playoff games. This year I've heard I'm Amazed, Circuital, and just now OBH when heading to commercial.  :thumbsup:   :cool:

ChiefOKONO

'Succession': The Roy Kids Scheme for Corporate Power and Daddy's Love In New Trailer

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/succession-season-four-hbo-trailer-premiere-date-1234668922-1234668922/

Bring it ON!

Also, saw another headline which made me laugh:
"Succession season 4 trailer promises at least one rich person will throw something"

ChiefOKONO

ericm

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 26, 2023, 01:01 PMThat is pretty cool ericm!  Still surprises me to hear about this stuff!

Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2023, 07:44 PMJacket getting some love again during FOX NFL Playoff games. This year I've heard I'm Amazed, Circuital, and just now OBH when heading to commercial.  :thumbsup:   :cool:

It is really cool.  :thumbsup:

There was a link to an article (somewhere on the forum, maybe here earlier in the thread, not sure) about the guy working in the truck who handles the music in and out of breaks for FOX. Big time rock fan and we'll hear some Dead, Allmans, Phish, MMJ, and many others.

He's got a great selection tee'd up and a lot of times he'll pick something that ties in with what just happened on the field as they go to break. Eg, the other week there was a  short segment on the surprising Giants making the playoffs, and as it finished and went to break, he played I'm Amazed.  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 24, 2022, 06:59 PMI'm hoping for White Lotus they bring back the two couples who were vacationing together. They made mention of going to The Maldives next trip.

Also I'm curious to see what happens with Tanya's husband, Greg, and we know he'll have plenty of money to travel with.

I also really liked Tanya's assistant. Maybe she'll resurface.

Greg is going DOWN  :angry:
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

LBSUNFLWR

We just finished episode 1 of Severance.
It's really weird.

Anyone watch?

ChiefOKONO

Severance is a unique and also amazing show.  It may have been my top one of the entire year!  Definitely in the top 3.  Love the concept!

Very excited to hear when it returns!