The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

I just saw a powerful film called the Territory about a group of Indigenous people in Brazil and their fight to save their lands and the Amazon as well!  IMO it is a must see IMO and it is now on Disney+!

https://theterritory.film

LBSUNFLWR

We just finished Severance.

I'm glad I stuck with it bc it was very weird and I almost gave up after the first few episodes.

But man, what a crazy chain of events in the last couple episodes. Serious twists I did not see coming.

I really grew to care about these characters. I can't wait for it to return.

But seriously, who the hell comes up with this stuff??

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 30, 2023, 03:34 PMI just saw a powerful film called the Territory about a group of Indigenous people in Brazil and their fight to save their lands and the Amazon as well!  IMO it is a must see IMO and it is now on Disney+!

https://theterritory.film

Will check it out, since apparently we like all the same stuff.  :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

You should watch the movie To Leslie. Probably our favorite movie from last year.

ChiefOKONO

Seriously!  I may need to rewatch the entire season before the new one is released.  crazy show!!!

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Feb 07, 2023, 09:04 PMWe just finished Severance.

I'm glad I stuck with it bc it was very weird and I almost gave up after the first few episodes.

But man, what a crazy chain of events in the last couple episodes. Serious twists I did not see coming.

I really grew to care about these characters. I can't wait for it to return.

But seriously, who the hell comes up with this stuff??

ChiefOKONO

Thanks for the rec, I will check it out!

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Feb 07, 2023, 09:07 PMYou should watch the movie To Leslie. Probably our favorite movie from last year.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: ericm on Jan 27, 2023, 07:23 AM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 26, 2023, 01:01 PMThat is pretty cool ericm!  Still surprises me to hear about this stuff!

Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2023, 07:44 PMJacket getting some love again during FOX NFL Playoff games. This year I've heard I'm Amazed, Circuital, and just now OBH when heading to commercial.  :thumbsup:   :cool:

It is really cool.  :thumbsup:

There was a link to an article (somewhere on the forum, maybe here earlier in the thread, not sure) about the guy working in the truck who handles the music in and out of breaks for FOX. Big time rock fan and we'll hear some Dead, Allmans, Phish, MMJ, and many others.

He's got a great selection tee'd up and a lot of times he'll pick something that ties in with what just happened on the field as they go to break. Eg, the other week there was a  short segment on the surprising Giants making the playoffs, and as it finished and went to break, he played I'm Amazed.  :grin:

Circuital during SB last night! Also She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult was  :thumbsup:
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ranyart

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 13, 2023, 04:51 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 27, 2023, 07:23 AM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 26, 2023, 01:01 PMThat is pretty cool ericm!  Still surprises me to hear about this stuff!

Quote from: ericm on Jan 22, 2023, 07:44 PMJacket getting some love again during FOX NFL Playoff games. This year I've heard I'm Amazed, Circuital, and just now OBH when heading to commercial.  :thumbsup:   :cool:

It is really cool.  :thumbsup:

There was a link to an article (somewhere on the forum, maybe here earlier in the thread, not sure) about the guy working in the truck who handles the music in and out of breaks for FOX. Big time rock fan and we'll hear some Dead, Allmans, Phish, MMJ, and many others.

He's got a great selection tee'd up and a lot of times he'll pick something that ties in with what just happened on the field as they go to break. Eg, the other week there was a  short segment on the surprising Giants making the playoffs, and as it finished and went to break, he played I'm Amazed.  :grin:

Circuital during SB last night! Also She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult was  :thumbsup:

The MMJ SB nod was epic!  Betsy noticed it first and we replayed it several times...

ChiefOKONO

Just finished the Last of Us.  So great, so intense.  They really knew how to adapt the video game imo.

Anyone else been watching?

TommyBurnz

Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 09, 2020, 11:54 AMDefinitely agree with you ChiefOKONO.

The wife & I just finished Schitt's Creek as well.  It was fun to watch. 
It's a great show and already can't wait for the second season. The final episode and Joel calmly going through the hospital to reach Ellie was a fantastic scene. Don't want to say too much but beautifully brutal.

LBSUNFLWR

We watched the Last of Us.

I liked it but didn't love it. I know nothing about the game.

It had a gross factor that brought it down a few levels for me.

ChiefOKONO

LBSUNFLWR

Should be another crazy story.
I wonder if any characters we know will be there.

Guess I should read the article  :wink:

ChiefOKONO

SUCCESSION!  whew what a crazy final season it was... what a journey!

As much as I loved it, I am also kind of glad that it's over and they didn't drag it out for 3 more years or what not!

ChiefOKONO

Just finished Ted Lasso as well.  Sad that it is over but what a ride! 

I want to re-watch already! :)

LBSUNFLWR

We watched all of Season 4 of Succession over Memorial Day Weekend.

We obviously were not that excited to start it since we waited so long.

It was good but I was not thrilled by this season or the show overall.  I think it's because I didn't care that much about any of the characters. Kieran Culkin was the one I liked most bc at least he was funny.

It was a good show. Well done, just not my favorite.

Jackets N Pones

Really enjoyed The Bear Season 2. Season 3 please someone out there get some MMJ on the soundtrack. Can't think of any particular track that would work but I'm sure they can think of something...
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

LBSUNFLWR

We started The Bear last weekend and will continue. I love it so far.

We also started Shrinking. Also loving that.

Then we started Reservation Dogs season 2. Kinda goofy and funny but also pretty serious at times. I liked the first season and like this new one so far.

We finished Bad Sisters. Irish show about a group of sisters involved in a murder mystery. I liked it also. Not sure there can be a second season but who knows.

We just watched Love & Death too. That was kind of crazy and I loved it.

ChiefOKONO

Shrinking was great, finished it recently and read that it was renewed.

Reservation Dogs is awesome, really excited for the next season which will be the last one.

Bad Sisters was great too!

Need to get into the Bear at some point....