Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmerYoda

Just last week I got accepted into this program called SWS... School within a School. It's so much better for me "up there" (it's ont he fourth floor of our school).

THe main school is 2000 + students...but SWS is only 120 sophomores, juniors and seniors.  It's a more democratic community where we have more discussion based classes.  We're on a first name basis with teachers, it's more relaxed, and every Tuesday we have a "Town Meeting" where we go over current conflicts, resolve issues, or just catch up on business matters....
I'm taking Chemistry and English (which is mandatory) up there now, and it's just so so so much better. This semsester I'm taking a course called Individuals and Instititutions and next semester I'm goign to take either Philosophy or Humanities.

Gah. So much stress relieved...

ali

good to hear it jenny!!!

my absolute current joy - GOING HOME TO SLEEP!!!!!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

love a song for the way it makes you feel

TEO

I got my '89 Lincoln Town Car back after sitting in the shop for 3 months while my mechanic looked for a replacement transmission!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

I can write a relatively decent bs paper about 17th century Japanese literature in less than an hour. If the same principle applies to my writing abilities in early 19th century American literature (which I actually am beginning to thoroughly enjoy), then perhaps I'll see a full five hours of sleep.

Is it good or bad when five hours of sleep seems like a lot?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

QuoteIs it good or bad when five hours of sleep seems like a lot?
lots of amazing people sleep on less than 4 hours.
i don't buy this sleep needs thing.  everybody's different.  some people need 10 hours, some people need 5.
that's  my take on the situation at hand.

tomEisenbraun

i think older people can get by on less without it screwing em up as much. as for 18 year olds, i'm relatively helpless at the moment.

EC

Quotei think older people can get by on less without it screwing em up as much. as for 18 year olds, i'm relatively helpless at the moment.

by older people, you mean the elderly.  correct?

tomEisenbraun

errrmmm, like, anybody above thirty. i mean seriously, I've still got eleven years til I'm thirty. that's a long time. thirty sounds old.

EC

Quoteerrrmmm, like, anybody above thirty. i mean seriously, I've still got eleven years til I'm thirty. that's a long time. thirty sounds old.

true.  i've been averaging 45  minutes a night for the past two years and i'm doing awesome.

FarmerYoda

i don't know what your point is, exactly, but i get very very little sleep (mostly goign to bed around 2, 3 o clock, waking around seven) but i'm functionable.

functionable.

maybe i'm not functionable because i make up words.

anyway,. i can sleep for fourteen hours, or i could sleep for four.

and either way, i work...

JacketGal

Older people need sleep too!  :P

Current joys...
I just had garlic bread with dinner, mmm tasty...apple crisp for dessert.

I get to see my big 3 in the next two months: Dylan, The Black Crowes and the Jacket! Life is good.

It's cool enough to sleep with the windows open...I can feel the fall air.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Chills

Sweet

Also, seeing the black keys live next week.
By the way Mr. T, are you going? Does it fit in the work schedule? I don't remember if you bought a ticket or not.

tomEisenbraun

Girls who like boys with beards.

megisnotreal

QuoteGirls who like boys with beards.

I heart the bearded ones.

And I'm so glad it is now Fall Break!

tomEisenbraun

I knew they existed, but I never met one until recently. It truly is a good thing.

Hawkeye

I wish I could grow a decent beard  :'(

It took me a month just to grow this
We could.

tomEisenbraun

Don't you frickin dare give up! That is good for a month! Don't let it fool ya. Give it a couple more weeks and you'll be thorughly impressed. You've got good coverage already, it just looks like you might be a slower grower, and that ain't a bad thing. keep pressing for it man, you won't be disappointed. it won't be thin, it'll just take a little time to get there.

whothrewthecake

QuoteI knew they existed, but I never met one until recently. It truly is a good thing.

they exist and they live in the same house in austin, texas!
 8)

Angry Ewok

Pumpkin Spice Latte with whipped cream on top.

And flirting with the lady who makes it, especially when I know I haven't got a fucking chance in the world.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.