Main Menu

Memberpics

Started by Tree, Mar 08, 2006, 08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Quotehow are yall all getting pics with jim?

In order to supplement the high costs of touring, My Morning Jacket announced that anyone could have their picture taken with Jim James if they paid him $50 or gave him a box of peeps.  

Or bought him an identical version of that beeeeeautiful tropical t-shirt.

(lies.  all lies.)

tdan

I saw on Food Network last night that peeps explode if you put them in the microwave.  Of course they put a whole package of them in there at once.  It was pretty cool.

Eggs also really do explode in the microwave as well.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

ali

QuoteIf only we were on the same latitude.    Of course it is almost fall there, right?

:) you'd have to be slightly south of santiago, chile to be on the same latitude as me! its late summer... still pretty hot here.... i guess its technically autumn now that its march

Quotejim kidnapped my son, and my wife snapped a shot just as i got him back for proof we could use in prosecution.

it looks like your son is saying "oh god, look dad!! its jim james!!" he looks so excited!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

it looks like your son is saying "oh god, look dad!! its jim james!!" he looks so excited!

that was after the free outdoor knoxville show, so the kids were there and saw the show.  unfortunately, the pic was taken just after hyde looked away.  right before that, jim was holding him, didnt have the cam phone out in time though.

ali

damn! that would've been a cool photo... did the kids enjoy the show?
love a song for the way it makes you feel

primushead

Found this one from a couple years ago.  That instrument I'm holding is used to play a game called "Stick" a native american version of LaCrosse.  It's pretty killer 8)

(Disregard the DMB poster in the background...it was my roommates')

EC

Quote(Disregard the DMB poster in the background...it was my roommates')
I assume the Les Claypool one was yours, though.  ;)  

So, ah, can we all start calling you ZINGMF?

Meddle

u dont like mmj a lot?
...And Some Are Angels...

ycartrob

EC

tracy, it is so neat to see what you look like.  you have a tremendous beard.  

primushead

I assume the Les Claypool one was yours, though.  ;)  

So, ah, can we all start calling you ZINGMF?

I don't see why not.   :)

corey

You guys do realize that Jim is probably the most approachable guy in rock and roll, right?  He's not gonna bite your head off for asking to have your picture taken with him.

Tracy, my wife said that the other shot of you in this thread reminds her of Grady from Sanford and Son. I had the thread open last night scrolling through pics and she said, "Hey, that guy looks like Grady!".  ;D

Primushead, we all know you're a big fuckin' hippie so don't deny that the DMB poster is yours.   ;D

Jon T.

I used to think the same thing.

ycartrob

Quote"Hey, that guy looks like Grady!".  

I appreciate that. Grady could never be pinned down.

Easy Morning Rebel

What a lovely thread, it's really nice to see all of you. You're beautiful!
Well, here's a photo of me in Christmas 2005. I'm very pale, I know. But hey, I'm a Scandinavian.

[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Jellyfish

I hope Jim washes that shirt. ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

antoniostrohs

Me and my lovely wife of almost 25yrs(April 25 1981)

primushead

Primushead, we all know you're a big fuckin' hippie so don't deny that the DMB poster is yours.   ;D

Damn...

Elizanne33

This is me and my bro before one of The Fillmore shows.

dragonboy

Love the little owl on your brothers shoulder!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.