Beer Thread

Started by el_chode, Jan 08, 2009, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival this saturday.  The list of breweries is mind-blowing.  Pray for me.   :beer:

http://www.firestonebeer.com/mingle/fw-invitational-beer-fest-breweries.php

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on May 29, 2013, 12:28 PM
Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival this saturday.  The list of breweries is mind-blowing.  Pray for me.   :beer:

I won't pray for you, but I will shake my fist at you with extreme jealousy!  :beer:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on May 29, 2013, 02:46 PM

I won't pray for you, but I will shake my fist at you with extreme jealousy!  :beer:
Shakes fist in best Judge Smails form.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on May 29, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 29, 2013, 02:46 PM

Shakes fist in best Judge Smails form.

You'll get nothing and like it!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

yakeroo

Quote from: bearass on Feb 12, 2013, 02:55 PM
lagunitas is my favorite brew and i was pissed they skimped me on the brown shugga last year and ive been catching up with my lost love for the last few...

edit - besides hopslam, and on a side note schlafly's aipa is the poor mans version of bells masterpiece
Had some Lagunitas Maximus tonight and got pure stupid. That is some sure fine tasy brew if I do say so myself! Gonna have to try some schafly aipa next time m out.

he.who.forgets

Had the pleasure of visiting Allagash Brewery while the wife and I were in Maine this week.  Damn, they make some very tasty belgian style beers.  Had one called Curieux which was their version of a Tripel but aged in bourbon barrels.  Came in at 11% abv.  They dont distribute to Florida, sadly but I know I've had their White somewhere before.  Overall great operation, friendly staff, and great beer.  Went to Shipyard as well but wasn't as impressed.

mind at large

my wife and my time in europe is coming to a close, however, whenever we are across the border in belgium, we go beer crazy. we move back to the states in two months and here is our "last hurrah."

note: a few beers not seen, but some had to go into the fridge. 

Lindlan

yuengling?

(please detect sarcasm)

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Lindlan on Sep 10, 2015, 12:42 PM
yuengling?

(please detect sarcasm)

LOL!  I remember the days before it was available everywhere (at least in Ohio) many of my friends felt like it was the holy grail of beers.  A few years before it came to Ohio, my family was in PA doing some shopping at an outlet mall and we went to a restaurant that had it on tap so I was like, let me try this supposedly amazing beer that all my friends keep raving about.  Needless to say, I haven't gone out of my way to get any yuengling to this day.  Still don't understand the infatuation people have with this beer. 

HansAndreas

Happy Swanze Day! :beer:

Santo

Ran across this in the grocery store today. Haven't tried it yet, but I figured folks here would appreciate the name...

Moondog Amber from Woodland Empire

subinai

anyone into trading?

davymac

Fun beer fact of the day:  Bells Hopslam is the best beer that ever was. 

darizzzla

would you try some european bear, romanian , german ,so on !?