What Movie Did You Just See?

Started by wellfleet, Dec 21, 2005, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

^^^ If you haven't already you should watch Finding Vivian Maier

parkervb

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 31, 2017, 11:48 AM

looks like it might be on Netflix, will take a look.

Another recent doc I loved was on HBO called UNDERFIRE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF PFC. TONY VACCARO

a must watch.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Gleason is next on my list to watch. 

I'm a big fan of documentaries so keep the recommendations coming.  I think I saw The Cove at about the same time I watched Murderball so whenever I think of one I think of the other.  Both were great.

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Feb 01, 2017, 12:46 PM
Gleason is next on my list to watch. 

I'm a big fan of documentaries so keep the recommendations coming.  I think I saw The Cove at about the same time I watched Murderball so whenever I think of one I think of the other.  Both were great.

Another one that I watched in last few months was The Wolfpack. I believe its on Netflix as well. A group of brothers essentially confined to their home on the LES recreate movies in their apt.

parkervb

and of course, OJ: Made in America if you didn't catch that last year.

YimYodd

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 16, 2016, 04:32 PM
The Martian. Very good.

My wife & I watched this the other night. Very entertaining.
Not sure about a lot of the scientific facts, like most movies, but overall  solid.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

parkervb

Logan.

It was awesome. Great Western, great performances from Stewart and Jackman, terrific fight sequences, no overdone CGI scenese

ms. yvon

terrific recommendation!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

easy way

Quote from: ms. yvon on Mar 28, 2017, 11:46 PM
terrific recommendation!

I just watched the trailer... this looks amazing!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: easy way on Mar 29, 2017, 03:19 PM
terrific recommendation!

yeah, see it! quite a story.

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 29, 2017, 03:47 PM
Quote from: easy way on Mar 29, 2017, 03:19 PM
terrific recommendation!

yeah, see it! quite a story.

I saw this and based on your Big Little Lies opinion, I then went and watched this trailer.  Holy moly this is going to be a fascinatingly great film to watch ASAP.  Thanks for the tip!  I had never heard of this.

Watching the trailer about this woman who never looked to be famous, I somehow was reminded of another documentary (kind of a weird one) called Exit Through the Gift Shop.  It's about a graffiti artist (maybe Banksy or someone like him) and also exploring the silliness of the art world and what makes what so valuable  I definitely recommend it. 

LBSUNFLWR

:thumbsup: Hope you like it!

I have seen Exit Through the Gift Shop. Another great one everyone should see!

LBSUNFLWR

Another good documentary was called "there's something wrong with aunt Diane"
It's a really sad story but was good.

We want to see but can never find one about this school bus crash from 1988 on Rt 71 between Louisville and Cincinnati. We always see the sign that says site of fatal bus crash every time we go to Cincinnati. It's called Impact: After the Crash.

Edit: Just found it on amazon for $20. Will probably buy it.

sillyboob

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 30, 2017, 06:51 PM

We want to see but can never find one about this school bus crash from 1988 on Rt 71 between Louisville and Cincinnati. We always see the sign that says site of fatal bus crash every time we go to Cincinnati. It's called Impact: After the Crash.

While not a documentary, there is a great movie about a school bus crash in a small town and the aftermath it has.  Look for The Sweet Hereafter.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

LBSUNFLWR

^^ will look for it, thanks.

APR

Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 31, 2017, 10:26 AM

While not a documentary, there is a great movie about a school bus crash in a small town and the aftermath it has.  Look for The Sweet Hereafter.

Stories We Tell by Sarah Polley (who is also in The Sweet Herafter) is a documentary with a bit of a twist.  It's slow but I think watching until the end is worth it.  It's cool.

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Mar 31, 2017, 02:57 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 31, 2017, 10:26 AM

Stories We Tell by Sarah Polley (who is also in The Sweet Herafter) is a documentary with a bit of a twist.  It's slow but I think watching until the end is worth it.  It's cool.

Thanks for the tip!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

I watched the whole thing.  Very interesting story and person.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

ManNamedTruth

On a Korean film kick again, all really solid movies...
The Wailing - From the director who made The Chaser, keeps you guessing throughout.
Train to Busan - Fast moving zombies on a train.
The Man from Nowhere - Solid action/thriller
The Handmaiden - Park Chan-wook really delivered with this. One of his best right up there with Oldboy.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: APR on Apr 06, 2017, 09:41 PM

I watched the whole thing.  Very interesting story and person.  Thanks for the heads up on this.
Awesome!