What Movie Did You Just See?

Started by wellfleet, Dec 21, 2005, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigDonger

Just say Last Days.  It is supposed to be based on Kurt Cobain's last coupla days of living.  It was awful.  I guess this guy made the movie Elephant about the 2 kids that shoot up a school, which was ok.  But, this movie was so slow, and I like slow, but so terrible that I will give it to anyone who wants it.  Let me know. :-/
eat meat, eat meat, eat a big ole stear.

scientology is the answer.  sorry jesus.

antoniostrohs

"Munich" is a real taut polictical thriller. A very well done movie by Speilberg.

SMc55

Munich's definately on my list to see.
I loved The Village. I thought the 'twist' revealed itself quite gradually (to me anyway  :-/). Just the odd word made me think 'That's strange'. Very satisfying.

Jaimoe

Cinderella Man. Excellent film. It kicks Million Dollar Baby's ass.

Easy Morning Rebel

QuoteCinderella Man. Excellent film. It kicks Million Dollar Baby's ass.
Yeah, I love it! ;D Actually I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby, though.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

Jaimoe

Yeah, I love it! ;D Actually I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby, though.

If you are boxing fan, then I expect you will have major issues with Million Dollar Baby. Hillary was well schooled in the fine art of pugilism, but some of the incidents in the film's boxing scenes would never happen in reality. It ruined the film for me. I have other issues with some of the plot and character developments that make Million Dollar Baby a flawed film, but with some truly great performances. This film should not have won the Oscar for best picture.

wellfleet

i loved million dollar baby. i thought the cinematography was ace, but then again, i'm a sucker for lovely pictures. i thought the arc was well thought out and i am completely proud of eastwood for choosing a non-happy ending. it could have ended on a sappy note with swank winning a big bout and happily ever after. the movie stayed with me for a long time. i saw it with my dad and we hardly ever go to the movies together so i have a soft spot for it.
everything sucks. really.

wellfleet

i'm watching the beatles anthology DVDs and am planning on watching Hard Day's Night again... they have such a great sense of humour and show so much joy on-screen... better days!
everything sucks. really.

DD

scarface at the baxter ave theatre's midnight movie showcase.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

dragonboy

Things are really dry in Japan right now. The big movies I'm waiting for are Brokeback Mountain, Walk The Line, Munich & The New World but we don't have release date for any of them.
I love Terrence Malick (New World director).
Anybody seen Thin Red Line?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

Has anyone seen Hostel yet? ???

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHas anyone seen Hostel yet? ???

Can someone, anyone explain to me what merit a movie has whose trailer merely shows very explicit torture scenes?  I'm lost here, help me out.  Oh right, it's Tarantino so people will slobber all over it, even if it's about horses fucking ostriches in wheelchairs made out of ramen noodles, with soundtrack by Moistboyz, of course.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

Can someone, anyone explain to me what merit a movie has whose trailer merely shows very explicit torture scenes?  I'm lost here, help me out.  Oh right, it's Tarantino so people will slobber all over it, even if it's about horses fucking ostriches in wheelchairs made out of ramen noodles, with soundtrack by Moistboyz, of course.
Actually the movie is directed by Eli Roth who also directed the movie "Cabin Fever". I think Quinton just  help produce it.
I do like some horror films but this one seems a little too  extreme even for me.  Just another  film in the horror film genre. In defense of Tarantino,his movies are usually more than just torture or violence and generally have a great script with some great dialogue.  He does have his share of excessive violence but it is usually a little more plot than just  gratuitous violence.

peanut butter puddin surprise

oh yeah, don't get me wrong:  I LOVE Pulp Fiction and think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen....I'm just riffin' on the extreme violence displayed in the trailer for this one..... ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

I agree with you on that. That's why I won't see this one. At least not in the theatre. ;D

Jaimoe

I watched The Bride Of Frankenstein for only the second time ever last night. Brilliant.  

primushead

Ok, so I actually went to see Hostel yesterday.  It was...good.   I was a big fan of cabin fever, but this movie was a huge turnaround for Roth.  To boil the movie down, though, it was about an hour of blatent nudity followed by about 30 minutes of gross torture.  Nothing too bad (except I did cringe when...well, let's just say a drill and a knee were involved).  I wouldn't rush out to see it again, but if you do like horror movies, I'd say wait till it comes out on video.

MMJ_fanatic

Brokeback Kong.  very sad gorilla love story ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

Elvis on Stage - an excellent live movie from the 70's spoilt only by my wife laughing at the King's hair.
All I can say about that is she won't be laughing when she's served with divorce papers!  ;)

Kicking & Screaming - as much as love Will Ferrell this simply wasn't funny. He deserves better scripts. He's making a movie with Sacha Baron Cohen due later this year, fingers crossed for that one...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

In Good Company - very enjoyable rom/com that avoids most of the usual cliches (girl meets boy, "amusing" courtship ensures, they fall in love, have misunderstanding, break-up, get back together)
Good reviews can be found here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_good_company/

Grizzly Man - very interesting documentary about a rather strange man who loses touch with reality & goes to live with the bears in Alaska.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/grizzly_man/

Could have done with less comentary from Herzog. Has some beautiful photography & good sountrack by Richard Thompson.