The Black Keys....Attack and Release (new video)

Started by sweatboard, Jan 28, 2008, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

BH

Wow, I can't wait for that!  I think a change up is just what they needed for a new album.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

sweatboard

QuoteWow, I can't wait for that!  I think a change up is just what they needed for a new album.  

Yeah, I agree.  I'm a big fan but it was starting to sound like a routine with Magic Potion, althought that record still kicks ass.

dragonboy

I love ThickFreakness, Rubber Factory & Magic Potion are a bit hit or miss for me.
This looks great though, Cheers for posting Brian!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

Yeah, I agree.  I'm a big fan but it was starting to sound like a routine with Magic Potion, althought that record still kicks ass.

i 100% agree with you.

but i really didn't hear this "new" sound...but it still sounded kick ass.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

sweatboard

i 100% agree with you.

but i really didn't hear this "new" sound...but it still sounded kick ass.

Yeah, I think the Black Keys are going to play like the Black Keys, but the production sounds like it might add some twists and turns.  It sounds a bit lo-fi with some radiohead style blips and beeps added in.  That could be exciting.  I just think that The Black Keys are going to have to rely on the "Production" of their records to vary their sound at this point.  I don't think they'll evolve into a totally "new" sound like I think some bands could and should "Radiohead"/"MMJ"  That's not to say that what The Black Keys are about is a bad thing.  I see what your saying though.

sweatboard

The editing and the shots in that video are really Kick Ass.  Especially that wierd Super Wide Dog and the Gnarls Barkley gear sticker.

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich...... :)

evilPaauwe

did you know that these guys are from Akron, Ohio???!?!    I thought that was nuts.  They sound like bb king meets the big muff.  i never would have guessed akron ohio with such a rich sound like they got
cheers.

BH

Quotedid you know that these guys are from Akron, Ohio???!?!    I thought that was nuts.  They sound like bb king meets the big muff.  i never would have guessed akron ohio with such a rich sound like they got

Actually about 95% of all great music comes from the midwest and south.  They all just eventually claim they are from LA or Brooklyn. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

i'm not going to listen, because if do, i'll be on my way to chicago. just kidding, of course i'll listen. report to follow...

Taterbug

I got no speakers at work on my pc  >:(.  Lookin forward to listenin tonite.
I missed there show at Lolla , although I did download the show and Stack shot billy friggin blew me away.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

dragonboy

Very, very nice! Can't wait for the album now! Cheers 4 posting K.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

i liked it. the sound fit the title very well.

red

Oh man, I hope this happens: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003713343

Nice to hear that their work with Ike Turner should surface sometime.  

dragonboy

Both of these tracks are so good!!! Pre-ordered my copy today, can't wait!

DBT, Black Mountain, Nick Cave & Black Keys with a new Jacket album on the way...what a great year it's shaping up to be!!!

.Walt

QuoteBoth of these tracks are so good!!! Pre-ordered my copy today, can't wait!

DBT, Black Mountain, Nick Cave & Black Keys with a new Jacket album on the way...what a great year it's shaping up to be!!!

man, i can't wait either. this could will be a year to remember!

dragonboy

Well said Sir!!! Long time no speak, how's it going Capt?  :)