The 'I will not rest until dragonboy owns London..

Started by red, Sep 22, 2007, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

...Calling' Thread.

Editors note: This sleep I'm about to take does not count.

dragonboy

You've got me in a corner now K  ;D

I don't know how many times I've had it in my hand... & I know I should own it.
It's not that I don't like it but I have to confess (& no doubt I'll deservedly take shit for this) that something about Joe Strummer's vocals just don't work for me.
But I used to feel that way about the other Elvis.

Here's a thought, wanna send it for my B'day?  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

i'm joining this petition. it's a must have.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ratsprayer

yes i'm on board, but don't let anyone talk you in to getting SANDANISTA

ManNamedTruth

Quoteyes i'm on board, but don't let anyone talk you in to getting SANDANISTA

it has it's moments

mjkoehler

I'm on board to help. Don't feel bad about the voice. It took me ages before I got used to Isaac Brock's voice but now it doesn't bother me. Great music can come from bands with singers with somewhat "questionable" vocal stylings.

dragonboy

Is that the best you can do?
I need at least 20 signatures here before I even consider buying that piece of crap!  ;)

Like I said, I bought an Elvis Costello CD earlier this year & recently fell in love with Billy Bragg, 2 artists that I couldn't listen to because their voices didn't work for me so I guess it's just a matter of time.
Maybe I should watch the new documentary that's just come out? Supposed to be an excellent movie...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

dragonboy

QuoteI sign this petition!
What?!! You don't even like The Clash!
You told me last week that you think they're 'overrated' & that you'll 'slap the next guy who calls them punk'

The DARK

QuoteI sign this petition!
What?!! You don't even like The Clash!
You told me last week that you think they're 'overrated' & that you'll 'slap the next guy who calls them punk'

:-? What thread was this?

dragonboy

It was when we went out drinking last week. You were pretty wasted so maybe you don't remember  ;)

The DARK

QuoteIt was when we went out drinking last week. You were pretty wasted so maybe you don't remember  ;)

Yup, so wasted I didn't even remember my 2-week trip to Japan.  ;D

MarkW

I can't believe it!  Look, I'll buy an Elvis Album of your choice (I don't own even one) if you buy London Calling.  It's one of my top 10 albums of all time.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ycartrob

I'll send you a Sun Records hat if you buy London Calling, one of my favorite albums in the history of the world.

dragonboy

;D

The pressure is on! So what's that, seven signatures?
Looks like I might have to add this one to my Christmas list...

ManNamedTruth

Quote;D

The pressure is on! So what's that, seven signatures?
Looks like I might have to add this one to my Christmas list...

You can't wait that long. How many cd's you buy a month? You can't squeeze it in any sooner?

dragonboy

QuoteYou can't wait that long. How many cd's you buy a month? You can't squeeze it in any sooner?
Unfortunately I have already exceeded my budget for the rest of this year.
I just recently started buying my CDs from hmv.co.jp. Unlike amazon they won't ship an order until all of the items have arrived, which I use to my advantage.
For example, I have 8 CDs that will ship on the 23rd of October when the Krauss/Plant CD is released. I have another order that is strategically being held up by Sigur Ros's Hvarf/Heim.
It's all carefully planned in relation to my CC bill, I have a masters degree in CD buying!

I currently have 54 CDs on order that will ship between now & the end of Janurary.
That said, you're right. One more isn't going to hurt, is it? & it's not an expensive one, is it?  ;)

The DARK

QuoteYou can't wait that long. How many cd's you buy a month? You can't squeeze it in any sooner?
Unfortunately I have already exceeded my budget for the rest of this year.
I just recently started buying my CDs from hmv.co.jp. Unlike amazon they won't ship an order until all of the items have arrived, which I use to my advantage.
For example, I have 8 CDs that will ship on the 23rd of October when the Krauss/Plant CD is released. I have another order that is strategically being held up by Sigur Ros's Hvarf/Heim.
It's all carefully planned in relation to my CC bill, I have a masters degree in CD buying!

I currently have 54 CDs on order that will ship between now & the end of Janurary.
That said, you're right. One more isn't going to hurt, is it? & it's not an expensive one, is it?  ;)

Surely you don't think that all 55 of those CD's are actually better than London Calling, do you?

London Calling shalt be my avatar until thou owneth thy exalted compact disc of excellency!

ali

hehe good thread guys...

now this does surprise me, db... even i own this album!!

so fellas, in order to save db from the slightly scary prospect of having to add  ANOTHER album to his already slightly biblical list of prospective purchases, i propose this:

i will get it for you, and send it in the pack of stuff i am sending TOMORROW.

no arguments, you NEED this in your collection (god knows where you're going to find enough space to store them all... but hey, you didn't actually need to use the kitchen for cooking did you??! who needs food anyway, it just takes up valuable album storage space....

consider it a sorry i'm so slack gift. bermuda hitchhiker will get one too!

xx

hm just thinking maybe we need a "you must get this one album, it will change your life" thread....
love a song for the way it makes you feel