The 'I will not rest until dragonboy owns London..

Started by red, Sep 22, 2007, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Greggy you're a star! Thank you so much!  :)

I shall let you know when I get it & bump this thread with a 'DB plays London Calling for the first time!' listening party.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SMc55

QuoteEither way, it seems this thread has served its purpose.  

Your work here is done  :)

dragonboy

I have...[size=36]LONDON CALLING!!![/size]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI have...[size=36]LONDON CALLING!!![/size]
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

SMc55

QuoteI have...[size=36]LONDON CALLING!!![/size]
Excellent!!

wordawg

You life is complete, young Skywalker. [smiley=bath.gif]
the future is Ginger

dragonboy

Cheers K for staring this thread & cheers Greggy for sending me the CD!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I shall post my thoughts during a live listening party, maybe sometime this weekend...

mjkoehler

Greg/K If you see him say the following (or something close), you know you have successfully completed your mission "...so many years wasted having not listened to this. What was I thinking?!?!"

MarkW

DB will be too blown away to post anything for at least 17 minutes after his first listen...  ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

JohnnyRage

I hope you ordered a remastered version.

Order me a remastered version too please.
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

dragonboy

I've been waiting for the 'right moment' to give this a spin. I have the house to myself tonight & can play it loud without any interruptions. Looking forward to it - I'll post my thoughts later.

ycartrob

QuoteI've been waiting for the 'right moment' to give this a spin. I have the house to myself tonight & can play it loud without any interruptions. Looking forward to it - I'll post my thoughts later.

Play song #8 for me! Play song #8 for me!

dragonboy

QuotePlay song #8 for me! Play song #8 for me!
Haha, track 8 will be played for you Tracy!  ;D

Alright people...here goes nothing!

dragonboy

London Calling...obviously I know this song  ;)

This is one of my friend's karaoke favs. Here's from the US but does it in an excellent UK accent. Maybe that's why I know the lyrics?

Ohh, nice guitar solo!

dragonboy

Brand New Cadillac...sounds like something out of a Tarantino movie. Like this track a lot!

dragonboy

Jimmy Jazz...not what I was expecting at all! Like this track a lot too!

(I'll try to write something other than 'I like this track a lot' for the next song)

Ohh, nice horns!

dragonboy

...actually that did ramble on a bit towards the end. only a little bit  ;)

Hateful...sounds a bit like The Pogues at the start. Didn't Joe Strummer sing with the Pogues for a while when Shane was AWOL one time?

Great track!

dragonboy

Rudie Can't Fail...I know this track, didn't know it was The Clash  :-[

The Specials have a song called a Message For Rudie, is that just a coincidence...who or what is a Rudie?

GREAT SONG!!!

EDIT: Fav song so far!

SMc55

Quote...actually that did ramble on a bit towards the end. only a little bit  ;)

Hateful...sounds a bit like The Pogues at the start. Didn't Joe Strummer sing with the Pogues for a while when Shane was AWOL one time?

Great track!
He did. And he produced one of their albums (Hell's Ditch I think).
Keep it up Andrew. This is fun  :D

dragonboy

Spanish Bombs...reminds me of The Pogues again.

Another great track! I told you all this is a classic album but you wouldn't listen, would you?!!