RUSH on The Colbert Report this Wednesday 7.16.08

Started by ycartrob, Jul 15, 2008, 05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Rush to perform 'Tom Sawyer' on 'The Colbert Report' Wednesday
By Jake Coyle, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tue Jul 15, 11:57 AM PDT

NEW YORK - Rush will be appearing on "The Colbert Report," and it's not Limbaugh.

The iconic Canadian rock band, which hasn't performed on U.S. television in more than three decades, will play their classic "Tom Sawyer" on the Comedy Central show Wednesday. The Geddy Lee-led trio, which is currently on tour, hasn't played on U.S. television since 1975.

Rush is only the latest act to perform on "The Report," which has steadily edged closer to "Ed Sullivan Show" territory. With increasingly frequent musical performances, "The Report" has grown a variety-show impulse, evident in other upcoming bookings.
:)

Taterbug

Thanks for the warning shot Tracy.  I must watch.  Colbert is awesome.  I think R.E.M was on not to long ago.   Do you think MMJ is to big to do his show  ;).  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ItStillJaimoe

I'm glad that Rush isn't playing anything post-Signals. I'll be tuning in for sure.

purvis9876

QuoteI'm glad that Rush isn't playing anything post-Signals. I'll be tuning in for sure.

Rush.. eek... right behind MMJ for me.. and there's been few things past Signals that haven't been good.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

ycartrob

QuoteI'm glad that Rush isn't playing anything post-Signals. I'll be tuning in for sure.

Rush.. eek... right behind MMJ for me.. and there's been few things past Signals that haven't been good.

Huge RUSH fan here. stoked

Jaimoe

I know you are a huge fan Tracey. You Rush fans have some similar traits: you tend to love it all. I do like some stuff post-Signals, but it's been a pretty uneven road. At least they still kick it live.

getinthevan

Now this is what TV appearances should be like!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

wss

what the hell was that?!!  

i guess it's kind of okay because "tom sawyer" is so not my favorite rush song, but still...  going to commercial mid-song in their first tv appearance in 30 years...  or maybe that's the joke?  i hope that was the joke.

not like mmj getting cut-off mid phone went west during glastonbury.

ycartrob

ahhhhhhh, they should be on TV all the time

getinthevan

Quotewhat the hell was that?!!  

i guess it's kind of okay because "tom sawyer" is so not my favorite rush song, but still...  going to commercial mid-song in their first tv appearance in 30 years...  or maybe that's the joke?  i hope that was the joke.

not like mmj getting cut-off mid phone went west during glastonbury.

Did you see after the commercial break?  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Penny Lane

Huge RUSH fan here. stoked

i've only recently discovered neil peart's blog----it's awesome!! great pics of the Pacific Northwest....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

Yeah, 3:09-3:21

then he steps on stage right as Pert is starting to go off....NICE!  ;D

Perfect song for the show.  Thanks Tracy!
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

P.S.

I still think Rush lost the plot and started embracing CGI Dragons, but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

sweatboard

ycartrob

they were into dragons before being into dragons was cool.

like this guy? late to the party for getting into dragons

sweatboard

THANKS, It's all starting to make sense now.

Killgies

I just now got around to watching this on my tivo.( sorry been busy)
I've never been a really big Rush fan but they sound really good live though.

OMFG! That is the most insane drum set I've ever seen.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"