this months rolling stone.

Started by whyteand82nd, Jul 28, 2008, 02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyteand82nd

On the cover: The Jones brothers.

I threw mine in my pool..the fished it out...then ripped it in half.
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

Penny Lane

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! i'm sure i'll see it when i get home...they were on a roll this year....so much MMJ coverage, lots of bonnaroo stuff--now this? they were on a comeback? oh god. is jan wenner (sp?) still running that thing---ha ha--where is lester bangs when you need him
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Killgies

I thought for sure MMJ would of made the cover by now.  It would of been nice to have it framed!

Rolling Stone is mostly crap these days anyways.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

RockNRollJunkie

Ha I'm glad that I dont subscribe anymore to that. I just hang out at cvs and flip thru it. If it looks interesting I snatch out pages of it for later. I got tired of paying for 25 pages of unmusic related advertisements,5 pages about artists I dont care about and maybe one or two worth something.
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

B.B.

This just in:  Rolling Stone sucks!

This is 1994, right?

Penny Lane

QuoteThis just in:  Rolling Stone sucks!

This is 1994, right?

yeah but lately they've been redeeming themselves with their love of MMJ--and run thru was #99--remember??! but otherwise, yeah, it's awful

Jenny

hahahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahaha
etc

Love Dogg

QuoteThis just in:  Rolling Stone sucks!

This is 1994, right?

yeah but lately they've been redeeming themselves with their love of MMJ--and run thru was #99--remember??! but otherwise, yeah, it's awful

I agree.  But they go and F it all up by putting...you know what, it doesn't matter.  Rolling Stone isn't here to change what's happening, they are here to present it.  They have to report what is being sold right now.  And right now, what we love and want aren't being promoted.  

I know when I open my Rolling Stone, most likely I will not be satisfied.  And I have been surprised the last few months, with MMJ articles and Obama articles and Bonnaroo articles and I can always count on Austin Scaggs updating us on Kings of Leon...but for the most part, I'm disappointed.

Rolling Stone used to influence Pop Culture, now they are influenced BY Pop Culture.  They're still the biggest dick in the music magazine business...they just don't have any balls.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

BH

Oh wow, cake and mantooth are gonna freak.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jenny

ycartrob

this is not new; silly, crappy, bubblegum music has been coming from that magazine since day 1. Some days it's ok, some days it's not. But lately, it's been more crap than not. I stopped reading about 15 years ago.

David Cassidy Rolling Stone Magazine from May 11, 1972

TEO

MMJ is mentioned once again is this issue.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

QuoteMMJ is mentioned once again is this issue.......

where? i just read it cover to cover lol! how did i miss that?

ItStillJaimoe

Quotethis is not new; silly, crappy, bubblegum music has been coming from that magazine since day 1. Some days it's ok, some days it's not. But lately, it's been more crap than not. I stopped reading about 15 years ago.

I agree, but Keith Partridge fighting with brother Danny and Reuben Kincade was fucking funny television back in the day and the humour still holds up well today.

TEO

top college records, 5 out of 10
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ycartrob

Quotethis is not new; silly, crappy, bubblegum music has been coming from that magazine since day 1. Some days it's ok, some days it's not. But lately, it's been more crap than not. I stopped reading about 15 years ago.

I agree, but Keith Partridge fighting with brother Danny and Reuben Kincade was fucking funny television back in the day and the humour still holds up well today.

true dat

whyteand82nd

HEY! at least you didnt throw yours in the pool!!
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

The DARK

Don't let Ms. Mantooth read this thread... ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face