Jacksonville City Nights vs. Every Other RA album

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Apr 03, 2008, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

;D ;D ;D

ThisStupidThingIsDrivingMeNuts!!! >:(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

QuoteAreYouAllF**kingKidding?!! ;)

HeartbreakerHandsDownAllTheWay!

way to bold heartbreaker! nice to see you're doing your best in your situation.   [smiley=bath.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

It may next week before I can break the tie! I got a lot on my plate this weekend, but there's a small chance that I can sit down and spin in on Saturday. Not sure though.
:)

I'm gonna be holed up in the studio* this weekend.

* by studio, I mean my friends house with a bunch of mics, preamps, and pro-tools.

BH

SCORE    
Jacksonville City Nights      4    
The Rest of R.A. Catalog    7  

Thanks for playing.   Looks like you won't be able to tie it up anyway Corey. ;D

Well, if everyone breaks out there JCN for a listen I have accomplished my number one goal.  It is also apparent that I need to finish my collection starting with Heartbreaker.  I should have known, since Elton John said that album changed his life.

But just so you know, if I ever have to tell someone my last wishes, it's going to be one shot, a beer and a kiss.

(Or if db is the one asking, it will be oneshotabeerandakissbeforeIgo)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megalicious

i second this emotion
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

The DARK

i second this emotion

i third this emotion
In another time, in another place, in another face

LEATHER KID

Easy Tiger and Heartbreaker are my favorites.  I don't understand why Rock and Roll isn't a big favorite on here, it's definitely my third.  29 is waaaay too slow for my taste.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

BH

It's becoming a slaughter!  Although not bad for one against eight.

SCORE      
The Rest of R.A. Catalog    10  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

QuoteSCORE    
The Rest of R.A. Catalog    7  

Thanks for playing.   Looks like you won't be able to tie it up anyway Corey. ;D

Well, if everyone breaks out there JCN for a listen I have accomplished my number one goal.  It is also apparent that I need to finish my collection starting with Heartbreaker.  I should have known, since Elton John said that album changed his life.

But just so you know, if I ever have to tell someone my last wishes, it's going to be one shot, a beer and a kiss.

(Or if db is the one asking, it will be oneshotabeerandakissbeforeIgo)
;D

I'mPCshoppingThisAfternoon!

SoYouDon'tEvenHaveHeartbreaker?!!SortItOutBH! ;)

DidEltonReallySayThat?YouLearnSomethingNewEveryday :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

corey

So I guess my vote isn't gonna count.  :)

I would really like to have more than "Cold Roses" on vinyl. I think "Heartbreaker" will be the next one I get.

brkndwnbus

speaking of Elton, has everyone seen Adams and Elton's performance on Crossroads? They play each others songs and Ryan does a killer "Tiny Dancer." I have the video and audio for those interested (if I can figure out how to upload it).

aMD

Quotespeaking of Elton, has everyone seen Adams and Elton's performance on Crossroads? They play each others songs and Ryan does a killer "Tiny Dancer." I have the video and audio for those interested (if I can figure out how to upload it).

i'd definitely be interested if you can figure it out.

Jellyfish

JCN is my fav RA album.I love all his others but I tend to like the Whiskeytown stuff the best and JCN has that kinda feel to it.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

Quotespeaking of Elton, has everyone seen Adams and Elton's performance on Crossroads? They play each others songs and Ryan does a killer "Tiny Dancer." I have the video and audio for those interested (if I can figure out how to upload it).

You can download that Crossroads video over at RAA.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

brkndwnbus

You can download that Crossroads video over at RAA.

Sweet. That would be the easiest way for people to get it -- faster than me trying to upload that.

corey

So I listened to JCN again this morning for the first time in a while... and I don't think it's as strong as "Easy Tiger".

So if I were casting a vote, this is the vote count:
The Rest of R.A. Catalog    11

Next up to listen all the way through.... "Heartbreaker". It's been quite a while.

Ghosts_on_TV

Love is Hell is my favorite, I think. But I love all things Ryan Adams. Even Rock n Roll.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

"St. Louis City Friday Nights" is going to be my new favorite. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Concerts
June 19, 2008 - Telluride Bluegrass Festival - Telluride, CO
Aug 23, 2008 - Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
Aug 26, 2008 - WaMu Theater - Seattle, WA
Aug 27, 2008 - General Motors Place - Vancouver
Aug 29, 2008 - Rexall Place - Edmonton, AB
Aug 30, 2008 - Pengrowth Saddledome - Calgary, AB
Sept 1, 2008 - MTS Center - Winnipeg, MB
Sept 4, 2008 - Scotiabank Palace - Ottawa, ON
Sept 5, 2008 - Bell Centre - Montreal, QC
Sept 7, 2008 - Bank of America Pavilion - Boston, MA
Sept 9, 2008 - John LaBatt Center - London, Ontario
September 25 - Schenectady, NY - Proctor's Theater
September 26 - Syracuse, NY - Landmark Theater
September 27 - Rochester, NY - Auditorium Theater
September 29 - Columbus, OH - Palace Theater
September 30 - Cleveland, OH - Palace Theater
October 2 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
[size=24]October 3 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theater[/size]
October 5 - Madison, WI - Overture Hall

Crispy

Sure, until he cancels for being in a bad mood...that happened to me in Tulsa last year and I was too mad to go back when he rescheduled.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

QuoteSure, until he cancels for being in a bad mood...that happened to me in Tulsa last year and I was too mad to go back when he rescheduled.

I can't say I blame you for that.  Apparently he is sober now.  Not sure if that will make his mood better or worse.