Main Menu

The Sadies

Started by Destinedeye, Aug 30, 2006, 01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacedCowboy

Anyone dig em?  I just got their live album a couple of weeks ago and its great.  Their genre amalgamations sound so natural.  It feels like country, spaghetti western themes, surf, rockabilly, and psychedelia have always been natural compliments to each other.  I picked up Stories Often Told today and have enjoyed the listen through I gave it.  I will listen  again soon but today was a big new music day (Old Crow Medicine Show, Bob Dylan, and Joe Bussard's Down in the Basement).

What else of theirs should I get?  And has anyone seen a live show?
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

dragonboy

I have Stories... & Favourite Colours.
Fav Colours is def worth having, I like it a lot more than Stories...
I've heard good things about Tremendous Efforts but don't have it.
I'm sure you know, they play with Neko Case sometimes & can be found on her live album Tigers Have Spoken.

Pleased to hear the new live album is good, I need to buy that  :)
EDIT: Just ordered In Concert from amazon, cheers DE.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Yes!  I have Favourite Colors and listen to it all the time.  I have never gotten anything else so I will keep that live album in mind.  Is there just the two studio albums?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

QuoteIs there just the two studio albums?
Seeing as there are 3 studio albums mentioned in my post I'm gonna have to go with
more than 2  ;)
What BH, you don't read all of my posts carefully?!! I'm heartbroken...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

I just thought you were talking about tremendous efforts in general, as I have also heard good things about that.  You know, Good luck comes from trying and all. :)

Actually I just missed that part.   You know I read closely all your posts db.  I, like Japanese moms, appriciate the thoughts of a cool good looking (edit) englishman! ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

Dude, that was your best post ever right there!

"I just thought you were talking about tremendous efforts in general..." LOL!!!  ;D

red

Such a great band.  I'm really impressed with how good Sadies in Concert - Volume 1 is.  

Neat little story...
About 3 years ago I met them at the only gas station in my town (population of about 200).  Very nice guys.

Dee.

I only have Favourite Colours too.

Don't forget those Us.  Colouuuurs.

SpacedCowboy

I just grabbed Colours too.   Its great.  These guys are definatley my favorite newest discovery.  Colours is short but packs a punch.

I think when I get around to it I'm gonna start new threads for Surf and Rockabillly, Ive really been enjoying that kinda thang lately.  But as of midnight tonight I am moving and probably wont have internet for a month.  See ya soon Jacketheads.
and the pump don't work cause the vandal took the handle

red

If you like the Sadies, you should check out the Unintended.  They have a few common members.  The Unintended's split with the Constantines was one of my favorite releases last year.

BH

Last night I finally got around to watching Neko Case on Conan that I taped from a couple night ago, and guess who is the back up band to Neko.  The Sadies!  What a coincidence.  I wonder what the connection is here.  Anybody know?

red

QuoteLast night I finally got around to watching Neko Case on Conan that I taped from a couple night ago, and guess who is the back up band to Neko.  The Sadies!  What a coincidence.  I wonder what the connection is here.  Anybody know?
They've backed her up for years.  They were the 'boyfriends' when it was Neko Case With Her Boyfriends.

BH

They've backed her up for years.  They were the 'boyfriends' when it was Neko Case With Her Boyfriends.

Ahhh, I had no idea.  Thanks for the info!

MMJ_fanatic

The Sadies are def a fun band to listen too--def like Favourite Colours
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jaimoe

This new live album should whet the appetite of any unfamiliar with this great Canuck band: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:5pa9kebtgq79

ratsprayer

they're friends with robyn hitchcock which make them good people, in my eyes.  i only have FAVOURITE COLOURS, but i need to get more.

dragonboy

QuoteSuch a great band.  I'm really impressed with how good Sadies in Concert - Volume 1 is.
I listened to this again yesterday.
Do you not find that the audience noise is too high up in the mix, even during the songs?
I really bugs me to the point that I can't play this the whole way through...

red

That's my only complaint.  I didn't really notice it with my first few listens, but now it really bugs me when I'm listening to that album.

dragonboy

I'm pleased you said that, I was beginning to think it was me hearing voices again  ;)

Yeah, I had to take it out of the CD player yesterday...shame, it's such a good live album otherwise.

red

[size=20]SEPTEMBER 18th!!![/size]  In Canada anyways...