Main Menu

New Metallica

Started by Clarkwork, Aug 21, 2008, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Heard their new single today, Day That Never Comes.  I have to say I like it.   I wasn't impressed by their last few albums, but this one may be pretty good.  The jam at the end reminds me of classic Metallica.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

getinthevan

It's no Master of Puppets thats for sure but it gives me hope that this album won't be as terrible as the last one.  It might even be an ok album.  Really my only huge problem with it is Hetfield's vocals.  Also the fact that its like 7 minutes long.  This isn't ...And Justice For All, don't make long songs for the sake of making long songs.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Clarkwork

QuoteIt's no Master of Puppets thats for sure but it gives me hope that this album won't be as terrible as the last one.  It might even be an ok album.  Really my only huge problem with it is Hetfield's vocals.  Also the fact that its like 7 minutes long.  This isn't ...And Justice For All, don't make long songs for the sake of making long songs.

I'm not a big fan of the vocals either, but if they made the song shorter they would cut out the jam at the end, and to me that is the best part.  
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

getinthevan

Then maybe they should just cut out the first half and solve both of my problems with it.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I like it. Compared to St. Anger material it doesn't suffer from being long for the sake of being long.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

getinthevan