Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Just started reading, Shakey, I can already tell how awesome it's gonna be.  I'm always nervous going into reading a biography, I dont want to finish it thinking anything less of Neil.

woodnymph

I don't think there's much could make me think less of Neil  :)

Brought the laptop out on the porch and just soaking up the sun listening to some acoustic Neil.... doesn't get much better than this!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

I could just sit out here allllll day listening to Neil in the sun!   8)

Neil Young Live Houston, TX 06-01-99 Slowpoke 20

woodnymph

Threw this tune on an unmarked mix cd that I made for myself a few weeks ago..... put the cd in the car tonight during a driiive..... glad I put it on there   ;)

Buffalo Springfield - 04 - Expecting To Fly

Penny Lane

Watched Rust Never Sleeps on Friday (Borrowed from Headhunter)..
can't believe i've never watched this before...holy smokes!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

buaawwww

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

johnnYYac

Thank you, Jason, @thesteamengine, for this.

Click the image...

"Well I've got a Neil Young mega post for you guys today. The Archives Be Damned series are compilations of rarities and unreleased songs by Neil Young. Here we have 6.4 hours (5 discs!) of Neil doing his thing, enjoy it this weekend."

Will do!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

rincon

Quote from: Murph on Nov 12, 2011, 11:27 AM
Just started reading, Shakey, I can already tell how awesome it's gonna be.  I'm always nervous going into reading a biography, I dont want to finish it thinking anything less of Neil.
Have you finished it yet? I read it about 10 years ago. I knew really nothing about him other than listening to his music my whole life. I appreciated that about 10% of the book was passages soley of him speaking to the author. On the other hand, the author attempted to force himself in the story. I lost no appreciation for Neil, but he did not come accross as someone I would really want to hang out with. He is kina Machiavellian, but most highly successful people are to a degree.

ralph

Crazy Horse  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup:

Say no more.......

Murph

weeniebeenie

I mentioned about a month ago that I bought a Neil Young print at a Joel Bernstein/Henry Diltz exhibition but I had to wait for it to be framed. Well My sister kindly picked it up for me on Tuesday so here it is:

I really wanted the After The Gold Rush print (the full picture with Graham Nash to the side) but I liked this one 'cause he looks really happy.

How loud can silence get?

ralph

That looks awesome weenie...

oistheone

That is the coolest fuckin' picture I've ever seen.

And Neil with a Strat? Sweet.

Inside and out, any picture I've ever seen of Neil's ranch makes me wish they offered weekend getaways.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

oistheone

New Neil and Crazy Horse album streaming right now!!!

AAAUBAYFABFIJDHGUSGHFUGYAUY

NEILYOUNG.COM

HOLY COW

sweatboard

This is awesome.  I don't think it's an album though.  I've been listening to a jam session for 15 min. straight with no vocals.  It sounds like it's just some off the cuff jaming they recroded, pretty sweet. 
There's Still Time.........

oistheone

Quote from: sweatboard on Jan 28, 2012, 01:12 PM

This is awesome.  I don't think it's an album though.  I've been listening to a jam session for 15 min. straight with no vocals.  It sounds like it's just some off the cuff jaming they recroded, pretty sweet.

Yeah, definitely not an album (well, with Neil, you never know), but it sure is a sweet jam video. They kick into an unreal version of Cortez about half way through.

Please, lord, give me a tour.