Talkin' Bout Neil Young.....

Started by searchinbig, Sep 12, 2008, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

robb

it's fuckin' up > cortez.  not sure what/if anything after that though.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MrWhippy

Thanks for posting about that, it is good to hear Neil and the Horse again.

I guess this means that the postponed Buffalo Springfield tour will now not happen.  That was a bit what I guess would be the case when I heard about it being postponed from last fall to this winter.  That's a long time for Neil to sit still and not move on.

I'm also excited about seeing the new concert film from Neil's last tour.  The solo electric stuff he was playing in '10 and '11 was amazing.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Murph

Yea this is all just really awesome.  It's good to see that David Briggs seems to be attached to this new cd also

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Fully

I'm finally getting a chance to listen to this new jam. Really nice. I can't wait to hear what's to come.

YouAre_GivenToFly

This is awesome. I'd kick a cat to be able to see a video of this performance/jam.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Murph on Jan 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
Yea this is all just really awesome.  It's good to see that David Briggs seems to be attached to this new cd also

As Briggs passed away in 1995, this seems highly unlikely...

Murph

Quote from: Tired Eyes on Jan 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
Quote from: Murph on Jan 28, 2012, 07:34 PM

As Briggs passed away in 1995, this seems highly unlikely...

hahah interesting, i did not know that.  At about 1:30 into the video the camera pans across a control panel that has pieces of tape labeled Neil, Billy, Poncho and the last one say Briggs.  Wonder what that's all about?

Also, there are now credits on the bottom of the video, if they were there the first time I watched I didnt notice them, but they read:

"Horse Back"
Engineered and mixed by John Hanlon at Audio Casa Blanca Jan 6, 2012, assisted by Mark Humphreys and John Hausmann
Video by Ben Johnson
Music by Crazy Horse

Fully

Apparently I need more education. I just discovered Trans. Never imagined something like this existed.

Neil Young - Transformer Man

And then there is this comment:

Back in 1989, i was walking into a movie theater on Van Ess Ave., San Francisco, with my family. The film was "HARLEM NIGHTS". Who should I bump into but NEIL YOUNG? He would have just kept walking, but I mentioned how much my son loved "TRANSFORMER MAN". His mouth dropped open, EYES LIT UP & misted over. He came back, said that he wrote "TRANS" for HIS son. I hummed TRANSFORMER MAN, my son followed up with diti-dit-dit... NEIL was SO HAPPY! He kneeled and shook my son's hand! We talked a bit.
    technothanks   9 months ago   31

woodnymph

Wow I've got so much to ketchup on!  Weenie, that framed picture is DELECTABLE!!  His face is PRICELESS!!!  Wow that's a nice find!!!  Wheeeww............  one more time..... wwwhheeeeewwwwwwww......... love it!!

Sorry to have missed the sweet stream, too!  Looks like it was pretty kickassin'!!

That's funny stuff too, Fully!!  Classic comment!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YouAre_GivenToFly

The stream is still up on his website. Its a pretty cool video of just wandering around their recording/rehearsal space.

ralph

Even though the news is now a couple of weeks old, the idea that Neil and Crazy Horse are making music together makes me tingle in all the right places...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

stuck in my head all week:

NEIL YOUNG /// 6. Oh Lonesome Me - (After The Gold Rush) - (1970)

m wards version got it stuck there then I thought about it and realized neils is superior to the original.  his is also superior to m ward's studio take.  so he, once again, is the alpha and omega.  there's a neil song for every mood you're in. love this shit.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Not 100% sure about the concept, but I trust in Neil & the horse.

lucylew

In Neil We Trust.  Fo' sho'!

oistheone

The first taste of Americana has been unleashed:

http://www.musicme.com/#/Neil-Young/albums/Oh-Susannah-0054391977380.html

I fucking LOVE it! The Horse is still a deep groovin' machine. Looks very promising for the rest of the album.

C'mon Neil, time to take the Horse on the road!

oistheone

Just got a shipping notification for Waging Heavy Peace. To be honest, I don't even remember ordering it. But hey, should be an innaresting read!

We're entering a time of high Neil saturation actually. Book released today, he's appearing on Letterman this Thursday, tour starting up in a few weeks, and his new album with the Horse Psychedelic Pill comes out shortly after. Anyone diggin' the new tunes?

Here's a snippet of "Walk Like A Giant":

Neil Young & Crazy Horse: Walk Like A Giant (Official Video)

Sounds like him and Horse hopped right back on the saddle with no rust. Old Black sounds ferocious as ever.

paloozajam

i listened to this yesterday and really dig the sound...looking fwd to rest of album