Best band to never "make it" with proof

Started by bowl_of_soup, Oct 17, 2008, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

I give you Minnesota's Walt Mink.  John's something of a white, right-handed Hendrix, Candice kills her bass, and Orestes was the best live drummer I ever saw.  For your pleasure:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/WbnmxDSjifI&hl=en&fs=1[/media]
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Love Dogg

No, the best band to never make it was [highlight]Sunday Valley[/highlight], from Lexington, Kentucky......however, I don't have proof.  There are only a couple of videos available but they are from a session after they had already broken up and they all suck.  They hated each other.  High Voltage Outlaw Country is what kind of music they played.  They were damn good.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ycartrob

QuoteNo, the best band to never make it was [highlight]Sunday Valley[/highlight], from Lexington, Kentucky.  High Voltage Outlaw Country is what kind of music they played.  

well, where's the proof?

Love Dogg

QuoteNo, the best band to never make it was [highlight]Sunday Valley[/highlight], from Lexington, Kentucky.  High Voltage Outlaw Country is what kind of music they played.  

well, where's the proof?

I modified it as you left your message.  Look up.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Evening Rebel

I'd have to agree with Soup here. I had the pleasure of seeing Walt Mink on multiple occasions in the Chi in the early nineties, super tight trio. The only proof you need is on the Miss Happiness album. Killer stuff!!!

bowl of soup

QuoteI'd have to agree with Soup here. I had the pleasure of seeing Walt Mink on multiple occasions in the Chi in the early nineties, super tight trio. The only proof you need is on the Miss Happiness album. Killer stuff!!!

I saw them live twice.  Once at a surreal show on Pensacola Beach in the middle of winter (it was very cold) and they tore it up.  I bought El Producto for 99 cents in a bargain bin years ago - I knew it was over.  I think I like El Producto more than Miss Happiness.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

CTdeadhead

The Ramones are the shining example of the band that never made it.  They made a living and influenced a lot but were never wealthy or popular on the level they deserved.  I was particularly reminded of this this past week as the Clash released their Live at Shea Stadium cd.   the Ramones should have been playing stadiums!  I like the Clash but they were no Ramones.  

It seems like the Ramones are far more visible and popular now than in the 20+ yrs they were touring.  they've become like Obi Wan, more powerful dead than alive.