THS/DBT "Rock and Roll Means Well" Tour

Started by red, Aug 18, 2008, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

10-30 Louisville, KY - Coyote's at City Block *
10-31 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium !
11-01 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle !
11-02 Tallahassee, FL - The Moon *
11-03 Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre !
11-05 State College, PA - The State Theatre *
11-06 New York, NY - Terminal 5 !
11-07 New York, NY - Terminal 5 *
11-08 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory !
11-09 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre *
11-11 Toronto, Ontario - Phoenix Theatre !
11-12 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall *
11-13 Bloomington, IN - Bluebird !
11-13 Chicago, IL - Riviera *
11-15 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue !
11-16 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue *
11-19 Boise, ID - The Big Easy !
11-20 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
11-21 Seattle, WA - Showbox !
11-22 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom *
11-23 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore !
11-24 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore *
11-25 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern *

* the Hold Steady closing
! Drive-By Truckers closing

Jaimoe

I'm all over the Toronto show. Small venue too.

Penny Lane

i am bummed they're playing terminal 5--the WORST venue in NYC but beggars can't be choosers, can they? (or CAN THEY!!)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

buaawwww

Quotei am bummed they're playing terminal 5--the WORST venue in NYC but beggars can't be choosers, can they? (or CAN THEY!!)

I've never been to a show at this venue and was curious about it.  It's terrible?

mjkoehler

Shit.....Nowhere really close or else I'd be all over this like flies on a ribroast.

Penny Lane

Quotei am bummed they're playing terminal 5--the WORST venue in NYC but beggars can't be choosers, can they? (or CAN THEY!!)

I've never been to a show at this venue and was curious about it.  It's terrible?

just not great sound, bad location, and if you don't get there early enough, you might not be able to see most of the stage...i shouldn't complain, though--at least they're coming  :D this band has become one of my all time favorites --the hold steady i could do w/out but i'll hopefully get to go to the friday show.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

buaawwww

just not great sound, bad location, and if you don't get there early enough, you might not be able to see most of the stage...i shouldn't complain, though--at least they're coming  :D this band has become one of my all time favorites --the hold steady i could do w/out but i'll hopefully get to go to the friday show.

Hmmm I may have to try for this one.  I've never seen the Truckers and they are on the list of bands I need to see.  The Hold Steady I only JUST started to listen to.  They have a couple of good songs, but I think I need to listen to them a little more.

Jaimoe

Hmmm I may have to try for this one.  I've never seen the Truckers and they are on the list of bands I need to see.  The Hold Steady I only JUST started to listen to.  They have a couple of good songs, but I think I need to listen to them a little more.

I think you could go into a Hold Steady cold and have your face handed to you. They ain't on many music fans and critics Best Live Band charts for nothing.

ManNamedTruth

Might have to hit up the Pittsburgh show. The venue is a nice theater with good acoustics, but isn't the best place for a rowdy rock & roll show.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

buaawwww

I think you could go into a Hold Steady cold and have your face handed to you. They ain't on many music fans and critics Best Live Band charts for nothing.

Well I certainly like the sound of that!  Now I def. have to do this!

corey

I'm not sure that one venue can contain that much rock.

red

QuoteI'm not sure that one venue can contain that much rock.
I'm just worried about the poor bartenders.   ;D

I'm very jealous of those of you who are catching any dates on this tour; it's been too long since I've seen THS, and I'm still a little bitter that the DBT's were here while I was in either Louisville or New Orleans.  

corey

I hate to admit this, but it's probably been 2 years since I've seen DBTs live and I haven't seen THS at all. They're on my list of bands to see this year, so this tour is making me salivate a little.... but I won't be able to see them in Nashville. I have to work that night.  :(

mjkoehler

Well I certainly like the sound of that!  Now I def. have to do this!
What Jaimoe said. Either would be an excellent choice. Together? That may cause some planets that we do not want to align align. That may just cause mass chaos.

ChiefOKONO

helll yea!  the tour closer will be awesome

bold99

I don't like the HS but I might go to this because DBT rocks.  like MMJ though i'd rather have 3 hours of DBT.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ManNamedTruth

tickets purchased. front row, section center.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

primushead

I got tickets for the Raleigh show.  Anyone else wanna join?

vespachick

Quote10-30 Louisville, KY - Coyote's at City Block *
10-31 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium !
11-01 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle !
11-02 Tallahassee, FL - The Moon *
11-03 Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre !
11-05 State College, PA - The State Theatre *
11-06 New York, NY - Terminal 5 !
11-07 New York, NY - Terminal 5 *
11-08 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory !
11-09 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre *
11-11 Toronto, Ontario - Phoenix Theatre !
11-12 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall *
11-13 Bloomington, IN - Bluebird !
11-13 Chicago, IL - Riviera *
11-15 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue !
11-16 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue *
11-19 Boise, ID - The Big Easy !
11-20 Seattle, WA - Showbox *
11-21 Seattle, WA - Showbox !
[highlight]11-22 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom *[/highlight]
11-23 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore !
11-24 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore *
11-25 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern *

* the Hold Steady closing
! Drive-By Truckers closing
Walkin' distance. ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

bold99

Getting excited for this show.  They played a DBT song on the Sheild last night.  
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...