Main Menu

Ray Lamontagne

Started by Rob, Sep 04, 2006, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Winter Birds is beautiful & I Still Care For You just gave me shivers all over & put a tear in my eye (just one, mind!)...I can't wait to get get this next week.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

I Still Care For You  :'(  :'( :'(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

Alright db, I'm only going to listen to one song tonight, which should it be?  Here's hoping the album comes into work tomorrow.  

dragonboy

QuoteAlright db, I'm only going to listen to one song tonight, which should it be?  Here's hoping the album comes into work tomorrow.  
Haha I only played them all once but I think I'm gonna have to go with Gossip In The Grain or I Still Care For You...

red

QuoteAlright db, I'm only going to listen to one song tonight, which should it be?  Here's hoping the album comes into work tomorrow.  
Haha I only played them all once but I think I'm gonna have to go with Gossip In The Grain or I Still Care For You...
I caved and listened to them both.  

HOW INCREDIBLE IS ''I STILL CARE FOR YOU''?!?!?!?!?!   :'(

dragonboy

Haha thought you might end up listening to more than one. Winter Birds is another one that really hit me...there's not a bad track on the album.

dragonboy

Man, I wish my copy of this would hurry up & arrive  :(

bold99

I'm loving this album...a lot better than the last one.  I like the Horns on the first song.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

rob

HOW INCREDIBLE IS ''I STILL CARE FOR YOU''?!?!?!?!?!   :'(

It's like a dream. Awesome track.

Got the CD yesterday. Great stuff.....again. The title track is amazing.....also Winter Birds......I could go on and on...... :)
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

dragonboy

I can't imagine any serious music fan not being instantly impressed by I Still Care For You (unless they don't have a heart, of course!)

What an incredible, incredibly beautiful song  :'( :'( :'(

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI can't imagine any serious music fan not being instantly impressed by I Still Care For You (unless they don't have a heart, of course!)

What an incredible, incredibly beautiful song  :'( :'( :'(

It is pretty great. Let it be me has a hold on me right now.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

I like all the tracks on the album, I personally don't find that the mood/tempo flows so well...but that's not even a complaint.

+ inspired by that dude who started the It Still Moves re:edited thread, I know that I can just re:edit the album for my own listening pleasure if I really want to  ;)

red

QuoteI like all the tracks on the album, I personally don't find that the mood/tempo flows so well...but that's not even a complaint.
I'm with you dB.  I think Til the Sun Turns Black is the perfect example of a flowing mood/tempo and that's probably why it's one of my favourites from this decade.  

red

Download this before it disappears: http://fuelfriendsblog.com/listenup/Ray%20Boulder/Heaven%20Is%20A%20Honky%20Tonk.mp3

"Heaven is a Honky Tonk" (Live on Austin City Limits).  I fell for it hard a while back and haven't been able to find it for months.  It was written as a tribute to Johnny Cash and Townes Van Zandt.

vespachick

I still haven't bought the new album (d'oh!), but I've heard a couple of the new tracks on Channel 26 and I LOVE them; going to see him next week... Can't wait!! 8-)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked