Led Zeppelin to tour without Plant ?

Started by Taterbug, Oct 13, 2008, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

WOW,  could be just rumor bullshit just to get Plant to join the band, who knows.  I like Myles Kennedy but this is horrible for Zep & Myles.

Led Zeppelin replace Plant

(Monday October 13, 2008 11:49 AM)
Weekend reports claim that Led Zeppelin are planning to tour again – but without lead singer Robert Plant.

Instead, the three remaining members have recruited American vocalist Myles Kennedy for the role.

Kennedy, who's usually to be found fronting rockers Alter Bridge, has been rehearsing with the band for a while now, according to the Sun.

The rumours come after reports just last month that stated Plant was to rejoin Led Zeppelin for future dates.

But now the newspaper are suggesting that Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham – son of original drummer John - have decided to take Kennedy out on tour with them for the as yet unannounced dates.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

BH

This would be the most dissapointing thing to ever happen in the history of rock band reunions.   And that is saying something.

I applaud Robert Plant for moving forward and continuing to make new relevant music instead of riding the classics into the ground.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

DavidCrosby

.....now it would be even more of a joke......

......cue the hate......
listen to vinyl

dragonboy

I don't know...it's a shame for sure but if Robert isn't interested & Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones want to go out on tour, what else can they do?

I have to confess that I had never heard of Miley Cyrus or Alter Bridge until a few minutes ago...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

how have I never listened to these guys?!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

Quotehow have I never listened to these guys?!
Who, Led Zeppelin?!!  :o ;)

dragonboy

Their debut is actually really good (if you like Elvis/Reggae/Led Zeppelin)

Robert Plant is a fan:

[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=J3bVIf40Xsc[/media]

getinthevan

I happened to catch Alter Bridge at a local festival over the summer.  They played right before Snoop Dogg.  There were lots of fights.  Alter Bridge sounded good but I still don't care for them, mainly I don't like the singer...   :-/  

It'd be a damn shame if Zeppelin actually went ahead with this.  However, I believe this is just another rumor.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

andypollickisgod

bold99

this is going to be the worst idea ever.  I can't imagine Page would want to do this.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

dragonboy

Crispy

Well, good luck to The Firm, I mean (Led Zeppelin - Plant) = whatever.

On a side note, I saw Dread Zeppelin in 1989 at the garden theater on the campus of the University of Northern Colorado - probably the most fun I'd had at a show until MMJ.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

BH

If they were smart, they would call themselves something different, record an album, tour on that album and play a bunch of Led Zeppelin stuff at the shows.   I would be OK with that.   Would the tour gross as much $? Probably not, but do they really need the money?  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

they would do that. They auditioned a couple people, includind Steven Tyler (which apperantly didn't go too well), and Jimmy Page said, and I Quote..."Whatever this is, it's not Led Zepplin. Not without the inclusion of Robert Plant." This is all from the newest Rolling Stone.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/01/news_digest_friday_january_9.html

Led Zeppelin have no plans for another reunion. Contrary to reports published earlier this week, Peter Mensch (Jimmy Page's manager) has told MusicRadar.com that: "Led Zeppelin are over! If you didn't see them in 2007 [when they played a one-off reunion at London's O2 Arena], you missed them. It's done. I can't be any clearer than that."

He added: "They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," said Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

And that, it seems, is that.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotehttp://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/01/news_digest_friday_january_9.html

Led Zeppelin have no plans for another reunion. Contrary to reports published earlier this week, Peter Mensch (Jimmy Page's manager) has told MusicRadar.com that: "Led Zeppelin are over! If you didn't see them in 2007 [when they played a one-off reunion at London's O2 Arena], you missed them. It's done. I can't be any clearer than that."

He added: "They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," said Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

And that, it seems, is that.

Thank god. It was a horrible idea from the start.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...