New Orleans JazzFest

Started by ALady, Dec 16, 2008, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

Lots of big rumors about that TBA...  :)  but there is one that has been squashed.  It's not Phish (thank the good Lord!)  ;D

We lucked out last year and stayed in those condos right across from the Blue Nile on Frenchmen.  We'll be there again, but only for the second week.  First week, I'll probably just stay in a regular hotel.

Hey, will you be in NYC early for NYE?  Dumpstaphunk is opening for Gov't Mule on the 30th.   :D  :)

capt. scotty

QuoteLots of big rumors about that TBA...  :)  but there is one that has been squashed.  It's not Phish (thank the good Lord!)  ;D

>:( >:( >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sassbox

QuoteLots of big rumors about that TBA...  :)  but there is one that has been squashed.  It's not Phish (thank the good Lord!)  ;D

We lucked out last year and stayed in those condos right across from the Blue Nile on Frenchmen.  We'll be there again, but only for the second week.  First week, I'll probably just stay in a regular hotel.

Hey, will you be in NYC early for NYE?  Dumpstaphunk is opening for Gov't Mule on the 30th.   :D  :)

I'll second the amen on Phish (and I'm really hoping we don't see two nights of them at Bonnaroo, either).  Who's rumored as the TBA?  I've heard nada.

I stay with a friend in Old Metairie, so just around the corner.  We're often on Frenchmen, though...love d.b.a.!

We'll be in Philly on the 30th, but that sounds like a great show!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

NoVa_NoLa

I'll second the amen on Phish (and I'm really hoping we don't see two nights of them at Bonnaroo, either).  Who's rumored as the TBA?  I've heard nada.

I stay with a friend in Old Metairie, so just around the corner.  We're often on Frenchmen, though...love d.b.a.!

DBA is my homebase!  That bar is from NYC (at 1st btw 2nd and 3rd) and a few of the bartenders from the New York location migrated down to NoLa.   :)  I'll likely be in there every night; either to open or close, or both.  :)

The TBA that's got my attention is Paul McCartney.  I'm a big Beatles fan and I've never seen/heard him live, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Sassbox

DBA is my homebase!  That bar is from NYC (at 1st btw 2nd and 3rd) and a few of the bartenders from the New York location migrated down to NoLa.   :)  I'll likely be in there every night; either to open or close, or both.  :)

The TBA that's got my attention is Paul McCartney.  I'm a big Beatles fan and I've never seen/heard him live, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Ah, cool...I know the owners (friends of an ex).  Small world...with great beers!  Always look forward to seeing Lost Bayou Ramblers there.  Or just filling my gullet  :D.

I went digging...I'm thinking McCartney or Springsteen and I'd be happy with either.  Bruce's Seeger set the year after Katrina was heartwrenching.

Sassbox

They just announced Neil Young for second weekend.  This lineup is nuts!

NoVa_NoLa

Yep!  I was told that they were trying to get Prince (which I had my fingers crossed for), but Neil's not a bad replacement.  ;)

Now, I need to book flights and a room for 1st weekend and I'm all set.  Oh, gotta get Brass Pass too.

Was just down there last weekend for Krewe du Vieux.   :)  Love being there out of season and paying $5 covers for bands that will be $20 during Fest.