Main Menu

The Hold Steady

Started by red, Sep 17, 2006, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

QuoteI've listened to it a lot this week.  Even the bonus tracks are great.
If she asks just tell her that we opened for the Stones!  

MarkW

QuoteI've listened to it a lot this week.  Even the bonus tracks are great.
If she asks just tell her that we opened for the Stones!  

Some things seem much harder
Other things stay soft
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

Out January 13.  

I'm very excited for this, I've got a copy of the demos and they're excellent.  A nice little departure from tickling the ivory in THS.  

http://www.myspace.com/franznicolay

red

MarkW

Seeing them on their re-arranged date on Wednesday 19 December in London.  I promise to have a drink (or two) on your behalf, K.

I'm sure you're already on it, but Franz has a website with his solo stuff thereon:

http://www.franznicolay.com/

Franz's album sounds, well, interesting to say the least!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

QuoteSeeing them on their re-arranged date on Wednesday 19 December in London.  I promise to have a drink (or two) on your behalf, K.
Damn....damn..

Hey DB, will you be in the UK that early? Couldn't remember the exact dates? That would be a show for you. Maybe run into Mark in the loo again?

dragonboy

QuoteHey DB, will you be in the UK that early? Couldn't remember the exact dates? That would be a show for you. Maybe run into Mark in the loo again?
Haha, not in the UK until the 23rd unfortunately.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteHey DB, will you be in the UK that early? Couldn't remember the exact dates? That would be a show for you. Maybe run into Mark in the loo again?
Haha, not in the UK until the 23rd unfortunately.
Damn. It was worth a shot. Keeping an eye for you brotha.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Damn....looking at the UK concert schedule, too bad you couldn't adjust your flight.

12/19- Stereolab @ Koko
12/20- Ocean Colour Scene @ the Apollo Hammersmith
12/18 & 12/19 & 12/20- The Pogues @ Carling Acadamy Brixton
12/20- Dirty Pretty Things (Carl Baret's other band) @ Astoria 2
12/20- James @ Manchester Central Conv Center
12/21- Ocean Colour Scene @ the Apollo Manchester
12/22- KOL @ Wembly Areana
12/22- Ocean Colour Scene @ Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Some shows while you are there.
12/27- Happy Mondays @ Carling Academy Glasgow
NYE- Elton John @ O2 I think
1/9- Lee Scratch Perry @ Jazz Cafe

moemoephoto

I got to photograph these cats and Drive By Truckers last month, good show!

http://www.moemoephoto.com/index.php?p=181
Concert Photography:
www.moemoephoto.com

MarkW

Nice.  Seeing them next week - should be good.

The DARK

I now really wish I had caught these guys when they were down here...but I don't have a fake ID...
In another time, in another place, in another face

ALady

QuoteI got to photograph these cats and Drive By Truckers last month, good show!

Great pics, moemoe!  It's an interesting pairing, to be sure.  I caught the Halloween show at the Ryman - good times!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bowl of soup

QuoteI got to photograph these cats and Drive By Truckers last month, good show!

Great pics, moemoe!  It's an interesting pairing, to be sure.  I caught the Halloween show at the Ryman - good times!

My brother was at that show.  He confirms good times.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ALady

Aw, cool.  Closing with Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love" is never a bad idea!   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bowl of soup

QuoteAw, cool.  Closing with Van Halen's "Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love" is never a bad idea!   ;)

Wow.  You have now fully confirmed that I am loser for not telling my wife to keep quiet while I drove 12 hours north to attend this show with my bro.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

getinthevan

I listened to them for the first time last week.  For one reason or another, I hadn't paid attention to all the talk on here, but I read a review that I really liked so I downloaded Stay Positive.  That was the only thing I listened to the entire day.  I bet I listened to it a dozen times.  I feel like I've been missing out.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Ghostess on TV

QuoteI listened to them for the first time last week.  For one reason or another, I hadn't paid attention to all the talk on here, but I read a review that I really liked so I downloaded Stay Positive.  That was the only thing I listened to the entire day.  I bet I listened to it a dozen times.  I feel like I've been missing out.

You should listen to Boys and Girls in America next...it's one of my favorite albums ever. You won't be disappointed.